BRUCE DICKINSON SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> Darkside Of Aquarius wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Breeding House is good but seems to be in a different direction than the rest of the album, which is probably why it got cut. Sometimes a better song gets left off the album for the sake of cohesion.

It sounds slightly too Maiden? He wanted to make a mark as an original solo artist. I agree, though, excellent song.

TM, Born in 58, Gypsy Road, Winds of Change, Cyclops, 1000 Points, Change of Heart, Fire

Just heard breeding house for the 1st time. Decent tune, some great parts, reminds me of some gary moore tune (a good thing). But aye, doesnt fit with the rest of Balls and has an unfinishee feel. And also some of terrible lyrics, really terrible lyrics.

Just heard breeding house for the 1st time. Decent tune, some great parts, reminds me of some gary moore tune (a good thing). But aye, doesnt fit with the rest of Balls and has an unfinishee feel. And also some of terrible lyrics, really terrible lyrics.
That's another thing about this period, the lyrics are really below his usual standard in a lot of cases.

Yea there are some good ones, but the consistency is not at the same level as AoB and on.

After rereading this page out of pure boredom I had an idea.
Take the top ten songs from the Maiden survivor, and the top ten from this when it's done and we have Iron Bruce survivor to see if we can come up with a top ten using both bands.

Yeah right. Suddenly, in 2016(!) Balls to Picasso has terrible lyrics? Without the slightest argumentation?
And Tattooed Millionaire doesn't have a hair of criticism on that department? *insert nonsensical Niall Kielt cursing here*

Okay, Shoot All the Clowns can be mentioned, but this song has a little history of its own (Bruce was forced to have an Aerosmith type of song on the album, and probably didn't want to put his best lyrical abilities to the task).

Last edited:
Do you think anyone really feels the need to point out that "Frankly Seaman Staines, I don't give a damn." Is not among the most profound lines Bruce ever wrote?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Nobody said that the TM lyrics were better than Balls or even good for that matter. It wasnt even part of the discussion.

I am just sincerely surprised that people suddenly start to complain about Balls lyrics. What's next in 2017? The percussion on this album is very bad?

[QUOTE="Forostar, post: 606267, *insert nonsensical Niall Kielt cursing here*

.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see that my work hasnt gone unnoticed.

I am just sincerely surprised that people suddenly start to complain about Balls lyrics. What's next in 2017?
Next in 2017 is that people on a Maiden discussion forum will suddenly rate and discuss Maiden songs and albums, some of which are 40yrs old. Maybe even a sudden discussion about Maiden solos, some of which are 40yrs old. :nuts2:

Back