BRUCE DICKINSON SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> Darkside Of Aquarius wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
All save Tears of the Dragon in the current and next round(s). The thing to do: vote for Chemical Wedding, The Tower and Jerusalem. One vote too little and it can be over.
I won't be voting for CW since it's 2nd best Bruce song. I will for the other two though.

Thel is awesome. Darker and more artful than Darkside, and more interesting rhythmically.
Great rhythms indeed. And I like the chorus a lot. Still, I'd say it's not more interesting melodically/harmonically, guitar wise. Both songs are top 4 (at least) from the current bunch.

Don't get me wrong, Thel and Aquarius are both awesome and both have things going for them, but the fact they come from two albums only a year apart while having very similar melody, scope and overall purpose etc. makes me prefer Aquarius slightly more, because it's probably more structurally daring and has a slightly more interesting verse riff (and came first).

However, this Top 8 might not comletely mirror my own (no Tower, definitely), but I'm pretty satisfied with it, anyway.

Round 25:

Top 10
The Alchemist
09. Accident Of Birth
10. Kill Devil Hill

"Darkside of Aquarius" (it was close with "Omega" but this one sadly is next), "Chemical Wedding" and "The Tower".

Last edited:
Back