Bruce Dickinson Survivor 2012, Results thread - Joint Winners!

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Hell On Wheels
All The Young Dudes
No Lies
Fire
Fire Child
Elvis Has Left The Building
Spirit Of Joy
Over & Out
Tibet
Cadillac Gas Mask

It'll be awhile before I vote for anything from this album, besides Fire.

I also like Fire the least from BtP. But have you heard the live version on Alive in Studio A? Pretty cool solo part, if my memory serves me right.

edit: Uh no, Shoot all the Clowns is perhaps worse.

I also like Fire the least from BtP. But have you heard the live version on Alive in Studio A? Pretty cool solo part, if my memory serves me right.

edit: Uh no, Shoot all the Clowns is perhaps worse.
No, the live versions I mentioned were on Live at the Marquee. I've never heard Studio A, I'll check it out though. :ok:

Shoot All The Clowns would be my next least favorite.

I got Marquee in a weird pairing, as the 2nd disc of Balls to Picasso, which is why that's the only disc I've heard.

Fire is a fairly conventional grunge track, but when I hear it, I always seem to find myself singing it again later in the day.

It's insanely catchy. The mere mention of it on here causes the chorus to instantly play in my head, and it stays there for awhile.

The catchiest song on the album to a fault is 1000 Points of Light. Just typing the song will get it stuck in my head for weeks on end, which gets annoying after day 2.

I think the worst song off of Balls is Laughing in the Hiding Bush. It's a cool song, but I only ever listen to it when I'm listening to the album in full. I like Fire a lot, especially after hearing the Alive in Studio A version. Maybe it's not my favorite from the album, but I wouldn't rank it below Hiding Bush.

Gods of War is almost unanimously considered among the worst on the album, and it always surprises me. It's a solid tune. Maybe it's not top tier, but I wouldn't personally put it in the bottom 3.

I'm shocked Cyclops has any votes. Hopefully it was just a shaky mouse. :p

The catchiest song on the album to a fault is 1000 Points of Light. Just typing the song will get it stuck in my head for weeks on end, which gets annoying after day 2.
Probably, it's a really awesome song though.

I think the worst song off of Balls is Laughing in the Hiding Bush. It's a cool song, but I only ever listen to it when I'm listening to the album in full. I like Fire a lot, especially after hearing the Alive in Studio A version. Maybe it's not my favorite from the album, but I wouldn't rank it below Hiding Bush.
Yup, that would be my #3 least favorite song.

Gods of War is almost unanimously considered among the worst on the album, and it always surprises me. It's a solid tune. Maybe it's not top tier, but I wouldn't personally put it in the bottom 3.
Really? That's a rocking song. What's not to like?

Hell on Wheels (9), No Lies (11), Winds of Change (9), Fire Child (9), Elvis Has Left the Building (10), Spirit and Joy (10), Tibet (10) and Cadillac Gas Mask (9) are eliminated.

Results
Tattooed Millionaire
8 (tie). Hell on Wheels (1)
8 (tie). Winds of Change (1)
10. No Lies (1)
11. Gypsy Road (0)
12. Ballad of Mutt (0)
13. Zulu Lulu (0)
14 Lickin' the Gun (0)

Balls to Picasso
15 (tie). Fire Child (0)
15 (tie). Cadillac Gas Mask (0)
17 (tie). Elvis Has Left the Building (0)
17 (tie). Spirit and Joy (0)
17 (tie). Tibet (0)

All Tattooed Millionaire era tracks bar the first three
+ the IMO three least good Balls to Picasso album songs: Gods of War, Shoot All the Clowns & Fire
+ these two Balls-b-sides: Over and Out & No Way Out... Continued:
  1. Dive! Dive! Dive!
  2. All the Young Dudes (should have gone earlier)
  3. Bring Your Daughter... To the Slaughter
  4. Darkness Be My Friend
  5. Gods of War (bit of an uber-dramatic, dragging chorus)
  6. Shoot All the Clowns (this was the obligatory Aerosmith track Bruce had to add to the album)
  7. Fire (not the greatest chorus)
  8. Over and Out (don't like it that much)
  9. No Way Out... Continued (a pretty cool suspenseful track, actually, with a very fitting melodic solo)
Some of these are really fine, but I find all other twelve songs better, some even much, much better.

All The Young Dudes
Darkness Be My Friend
Fire
No Way Out...To Be Continued
Over & Out
No Way Out...Continued

I wonder what direction Bruce's career would have taken if he never tossed his original post-Maiden recording into the scrap heap.
Assuming it was full of Gabriel-esque music like Tibet, Over and Out, and No Way Out...Continued — that would have been a real left turn.

Shoot All The Clowns
Fire
Over And Out
No Way Out... Continued

Forgot to vote for the Tattooed Millionaire songs (all except first three).

Bring Your Daughter... To the Slaughter
Laughing in the Hiding Bush
Over and Out

I must say with the exception of the songs I voted for, this is quite a great group of songs.

Back