Bruce Dickinson Solovivor 2024: THE TOP 10 - #10

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
2017 Diesel would have agreed with you. 2024 Diesel kinda hopes it wins the whole game. It's pretty consistently been a part of the top 3 and I think it deserves to have its moment. But there's a couple others I'm also okay with seeing take the crown.

Eliminated after Round 6:
Solar Confinement - 8 votes
Innerspace - 8 votes
The energy with the riffs and the melodic verses are great, but it was expected. Innerspace is such a cool rocker, while Solar Confinement is so catchy and very melancholic, which is a great combination. The chorus could have been better, but it fits and works.

Votes:

Strange Death In Paradise
Back From The Edge (so sorry but the competition is brutal. I have to say - at least 2 of the solo albums have unique vibes and that helps the songs, somwhat)
Chemical Wedding (similar vibe to The Alchemist, but less interesting)
Jerusalem

Omega’s a great song, but still a somewhat overrated one, IMO.
I think Omega is one of Bruce's best solo songs/ideas and one of the most impactful ones for sure. Verses, chorus and that instrumental section are pure gold.
A Tyranny of Souls (great chorus, not great rest of it)
I think A Tyranny Of Souls has perfect verses and vibe, while the part before the solo and the solo are some of Bruce/Roy's best. Needed heaviness, especially after the previous album. I think it's perfect, although the harmony could/should have been longer.

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Eliminated after Round F8:
Eternity Has Failed - 11 votes
Strange Death in Paradise - 9 votes
Abduction - 9 votes

Voting for:
  • Tears of the Dragon
  • Accident of Birth
  • Navigate the Seas of the Sun
  • A Tyranny of Souls
  • Shadow of the Gods

Eternity Has Failed - 11 votes
Strange Death in Paradise - 9 votes
Abduction - 9 votes
Eternity Has Failed eliminated with this amount of votes? This is a BIG surprise given how much the Maiden song is liked. And Bruce's version, production and performances aside, is better imo.
Abduction is one of the best metal bangers and a classic solo song for Bruce. Every part is golden! Strange Death has a unique vibe, but it's not strong enough.

Votes:

Back From The Edge
Chemical Wedding
Jerusalem
The Alchemist

From the songs I voted for, The Alchemist is the most interesting.

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Back from the Edge - 9 votes
Taking the Queen - 7 votes
Navigate the Seas of the Sun - 7 votes

Skunkworks has been completely eliminated.

Two more eliminations and we will hit the TOP 10! Hope you all have had fun so far. Also we are back to 4 votes.

Back from the Edge - 9 votes
Taking the Queen - 7 votes
Navigate the Seas of the Sun - 7 votes

Skunkworks has been completely eliminated.
No songs from Skunkworks was expected I guess, Taking The Queen was without votes for so many rounds (great, a gem for me), but I thought Navigate The Seas Of The Sun would be in the Top 10! What happened? Wasn't it there in the previous games? Special song!

Votes:

Chemical Wedding
Jerusalem
The Alchemist
Shadow Of The Gods (I really didn't want to vote for it, but the other songs are brutal and not without a proper solo... *KDH compensates with the outro)

The last four in the setlist. At some point, I had chosen "Omega" instead of "The Alchemist", but the latter can be considered as "just" an extension of the title track of the album (because of the repeated chorus), so I ultimately prefered keeping an original one, with possibly the best twin-guitars part in Bruce's discography.
I have also voted for the last three because of the production, or lack thereof, though I love the songs themselves (especially "Kill Devil Hill").

Anyway, this is getting difficult, to say the least.

"The Alchemist" can be considered as "just" an extension of the title track of the album (because of the repeated chorus)
Both songs have a similar vibe and structure.
with possibly the best twin-guitars part in Bruce's discography.
Omega has beautiful twin-guitars. I would also like to mention Aquarius and Power Of The Sun.
I have also voted for the last three because of the production, or lack thereof...
Odd voting choice?

Back