Bruce Dickinson Solovivor 2024: FINALS - Round 3

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But... Those songs are diamonds OBJECTIVELY... You, as metal journalist/reviewer should have know this. Because I said so, ya know. :cool:
Well, technically you're right. These songs are better than average. But, as a fan, I don't like them, not only because they are not really exciting, but also because they are dealing with the occult things, which I don't like. ;)

Occult things rule. As long as you perceive them as interesting/mystic/spooky fairytale. Btw, alchemy IS not occult thing. Alchemy is proto chemistry with a monster dash of abrakadabra :)
I personally do not perceive those songs a occult. To me it's dreams and hopes of mortal man. Eternal wish to achieve unachievable.

Last edited:
I chose 5 of them this time :

• Chemical Wedding (very weird song, doesn't fit to my conception of heavy metal)
  • The Alchemist (very boring track)
  • Soul Intruders (once again, very bizarre song and boring as well)
  • Kill Devil Hill (this is a pop song, not a heavy metal one)
  • Eternal (eternal boredom)
The style/approach/sounds of the two CW songs is a needed ''evolution'' of metal so it can bring more emotion and interesting stuff. The mystical sounds in metal fit so perfectly.
Pop song? And why does a slower song necessarily should be boring (exciting is different), especially ones that have such unique and mesmerizing vibes like The Alchemist, Eternal or Kill Devil Hill's outro.

I'm also surprised to hear Soul Intruders called a boring song. Btw, one of the best choruses Bruce has written imo.
Nothing from TCW should go. All 5 of these songs (and more) are better than anything on TMP.
I beg to differ.

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Eliminated after Round 19:
Eternal - 14 votes
Soul Intruders - 10 votes

Promoted after Round 19:
Abduction
Kill Devil Hill
Navigate the Seas of the Sun
A Tyranny of Souls

ROUND 20

bruce_dickinson_mandrake_project.jpgThe Mandrake Project (2024)
1. Afterglow of Ragnarok (5:45)
Dickinson/Z
2. Many Doors to Hell (4:48)
Dickinson/Z
3. Rain on the Graves (5:05)
Dickinson
4. Resurrection Men (6:24)
Dickinson/Z
5. Fingers in the Wounds (3:39)
Dickinson/Z
6. Eternity Has Failed (6:59)
Dickinson
7. Mistress of Mercy (5:08)
Dickinson
8. Face in the Mirror (4:08)
Dickinson
9. Shadow of the Gods (7:02)
Dickinson/Z
10. Sonata (Immortal Beloved) (9:51)
Dickinson/Z

Our final album joins the game! Thanks to everyone who's participated so far, the finals are a couple rounds away now!

Last edited:
That's an easy one:
Afterglow Of Ragnarok
Rain On The Graves
Resurrection Men
Fingers In The Wounds
Eternity Has Failed
Mistress Of Mercy
Sonata (Immortal Boredom)

I need to give TMP another spin or two before voting, but there isn't a single song on it that deserves to be promoted over the remaining Chemical Wedding material (or most of the already eliminated CW material).

I don't dislike Rain on the Graves, but it is kind of the watered down blues rock sound that I always feared Maiden would morph into as they got older.

I’m really, really surprised to see “Mistress of Mercy” leading the votes right now. That song cooks, idk what y’all are on about. “Sonata” also doesn’t deserve the votes, cool song with an awesome chorus.

I’m really, really surprised to see “Mistress of Mercy” leading the votes right now. That song cooks, idk what y’all are on about.
The cribbing from “Freak” and “Headswitch” is way too noticeable, IMO. Though the soaring bits later on are nice.

Back