Bruce Dickinson Solovivor 2024: FINALS - Round 3

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I’m specifically voting against songs that aren’t good enough to make the top 10, but are generally overrated by the fan base, because they’ll need more votes to get knocked out. And maybe it gives my less popular darlings more breathing room.
You have your favorites, but Accident and Abduction not good enough for Top 10 and overrated? Wild.

You have your favorites, but Accident and Abduction not good enough for Top 10 and overrated? Wild.
Well, you bozos don’t seem to appreciate Power Of The Sun or Eternal, so there’s no helping you!

Well, you bozos don’t seem to appreciate Power Of The Sun or Eternal, so there’s no helping you!
Don't tell that to me, Power Of The Sun is a Top 10 Bruce song for me and one of my favorite songs overall, while Eternal is a special song and should have been on the album.

tenor.gif

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Eliminated after Round F1:
Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter - 11 votes

So I went on vacation a month ago, made an update to kick off the finals, and then after those two days realized that four votes was not enough with the roster of songs we've got. So I debated what I wanted to do for a couple days and then just straight up forgot this game existed thanks to work and other personal stuff. Then when I remembered it it was always at a time when I could not post an update and every time I could, I forgot to do it. So here it is now!

I'm making some changes with these finals. We're gonna try out 5 votes across 3 days, go from there. Hope you all are ready to jump back into the swing of things! Sorry for the long wait.

Votes:

• Strange Death In Paradise
  • Chemical Wedding
  • Jerusalem
  • Innerspace (one of my favorites from the album, but Solar Confinement is a song with a similar vibe and structure and I like it better, now)
  • Shadow Of The Gods (wild, I know, but little details come into play and I miss a solo in this longer song)

Silver Wings
Abduction
Afterglow of Ragnarock
Eternity Has Failed
Fingers in the Wounds

The fact that "Inertia" has gone make it less interesting for me though.

The fact that "Inertia" has gone make it less interesting for me though.
I listened to Inertia for the first time after reading your comment and wow, what a song. I didn't know Bruce was making music that sounded "fresh" in that '90s way - my experience with his solo work starts at Accident of Birth.

I listened to Inertia for the first time after reading your comment and wow, what a song. I didn't know Bruce was making music that sounded "fresh" in that '90s way - my experience with his solo work starts at Accident of Birth.
Give "Back From The Edge" and "Strange Death In Paradise" a try as well. They're usually counted among the best Skunkworks songs.

Skunkworks is a weird album, more grunge and alternative than anything Bruce did prior or since, but it is phenomenal. Easily my favorite album of his. It's the start of his golden age, vocally. The performances of every member are stellar. The riffs and melodies are super catchy. It is definitely unique!

Brucevivor Update.jpg

Eliminated after Round F2:
Cyclops - 8 votes
Sacred Cowboys - 8 votes
The Breeding House - 8 votes
Broken - 8 votes

Undeserved Picasso knock-outs, three unique tracks that I am quite fond of.

Voting for:
  • Born in '58
  • Solar Confinement
  • Innerspace
  • Silver Wings
  • Fingers in the Wounds
Also head's up that I may be delayed at updating this game as I'm due to go out of town in the next few days. Will do what I can though.

Back