British Lion 2013 Tour

On topic!
Someone called Tedthecamera has posted several videos from Manchester on Youtube. Includes the reference to being out on the piss in Glasgow the night before. There's also some decent vids on Youtube from the Glasgow gig

Thanks for posting the Manchester gig. Love the album and I'm enjoying it much more seeing them playing live the stuff.

All part of the plan to positively identify myself as someone other than you know who...
(--although there's isn't actually any footage of me, I just know where I was standing.)

apparently the British Lion boys went on a piss-up in Glasgow two nights in a row, led by Steve, and were out until 5am before they set off for Manchester.:p

I heard rumours on the night of the gig that the lads were at the Cathouse the night before. Not sure where they went after the gig but I saw Steve have dinner with an old friend in the Wotherspoons across the road before the gig and i think the rest of the band may have come in at some point but we left them alone as we were going to try and get the autographs after the gig.

About 45 mins after the gig finished Steve came out the back of the garage to do a quick sign / photo session along with some of the band. I noticed Adrian's guitar tech Sean was loading up the equipment into the vans.

I went into the Wetherspoons across the road to wash my hands en route to the Garage but I didn't see him there.:( What the hell was he doing there anyway? I'm sure he can afford better than Wetherspoons!

You're shitting me: he was over the road at The Hall? The fucking Hall?! We always go in there for food & beer & pool, but gave it a miss this time around. Steve would have stuck out like a sore thumb, since it's usually full of students, not 50-something metal legends! Looks like we missed something there Black Wizard...

Oh, I don't think we're talking about The Hall, are we? :D It's not a "Wotherspoons" I don't think...
Where are you talking about Baztac? Are you talking about The Hengler's Circus?

Ah, that's a bit more respectable, I suppose! :D

Still pretty cool. Were you in there eating/drinking, or did you just look in? We had lunch/dinner just round the corner on Bath Street. Funny to think you could just bump into Steve beforehand while getting some dinner. Steve probably really enjoyed all this. I'm not sure what they do with Maiden, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pop out for dinner on Sauchiehall Street. And in S. America, etc --I guess they have to watch where they go, outside of their hotels.

I was just meeting up with some guys from the Iron Maiden Forum to have a few drinks before the gig. I didn't get my dinner till I got a chippy for the bus home.

We just stayed away as we know he would prefer to get his dinner in peace and we thought we would get a chance for autographs after the gig which we did.

When Maiden were last in Glasgow I believe Nicko and Janick went out to the Sir John Moore Wetherspoon on Argyle Street after the gig. I imagine they would have probably had dinner at their hotel prior to the gig.

I will think about all of this fondly when I tuck into my next Beer and Burger :D

Black Wizard - do you often randomly pop into pubs just to wash your hands?

The Hall is a Scream pub, not a Wetherspoons. They are usually frequented by students and people of traditional student age. It's strange to see an older person in a Scream pub. One of the Scream pubs in Birmingham near the university often has a token old local in there by himself looking a bit dodgy, and in all honesty anyone over thirty shouldn't be in a Scream pub, especially on a Friday or Saturday night. Mind you, the pub on that street that the locals go to has the occasional student visiting and apparently the locals don't appreciate us!

It was the Hengler's Circus I was in, but I was there at about 6:30 so I missed Steve by a bit. Members of Iron Maiden can still afford to go somewhere better than a Wetherspoons though! Apparently Sabaton were in the same Wetherspoon's before they played in the Garage in October 2010.

The reason I went in there to wash my hands was that I'd been to the Yates on Sauciehall Street to use the toilet and there was no soap so I couldn't wash my hands properly. Then some Glaswegian who I don't think bothered to wash his hands waited on me and walked back up the stairs with me talking crap then I had to shake hands with him, which gave me another reason to need to wash my hands properly.

Back