British Lion 2013 Tour

More like 11 hours. Steve won't be on stage until 9 at the earliest.

They went on stage at 20:30 local time in Stockholm. Somewhat on the minute two hours after doors opened and 1 hour after openers started to play. Everything on schedule, and as the tickets stated.

Hope it's fun tonight. And don't wear him out too much, remember he still has one night left!

Steve & co. came on stage at 8:30 and finished just before 10, which I was pretty happy about as it meant I didn't have to rush to he train station.

The gig was really good, and for once there was only one support band who were actually good. I've seen Zico Chain twice before, at Download Festival 2007 and in a pub in Arbroath a few months later. It was refreshing to go to a gig with only one support band where we didn't have to wait bloody ages for them to come on (they started at 7:30, with doors opening at 7) and Steve & co. started half an hour after Zico Chain finished. A gig that was organized well and run efficiently? No way!:eek:

One thing I really liked about the show was that Steve didn't make himself centre of attention. His name was on the album, of course. because they need to sell copies, but when they're on stage it's a band and not just Steve Harris.

He also brushed my fingers when he was high fiving people at the end.:eek:

What a fucking gig! I had a lot of fun last night (--although I slightly ruined it by literally rolling around the streets like a total drunkard, missing my train home, & being moved on by the police.) Anyways... :oops:

The Garage was packed, but even though I missed the support act (I didn't get in super early) I still managed to get right to the barricade. Man! --that was close. When Steve did his "machine gun" you could literally touch his bass. They looked like they were proper filming the whole gig too; the cameraman was right in front of me. Music, performance, atmosphere --I thought it was all great. And you're right (Black Wizard) --it's not all about Steve (pretty much in the same way as Maiden live isn't all Steve either); he just does his thing & doesn't stop the other guys being in the spotlight. Great gig, & well worth £16. Didn't get to touch Steve though! :D

A similar story in Manchester for me last night (except the drunken bit and the touching bit, I didn't do either of those!!)

Very good gig indeed, everybody was impressive. Richard Taylor is a much better frontman than I would have given him credit for. His voice is surprisingly strong live and he interacts with the audience so well. Graham Leslie is quite a crowd-pleaser, too, very good to watch, even if he appeared to have guitar problems near the start and had to do a quick swap.

Steve didn't have any choice about being centre of attention, though, people kept shouting for him, between practically every song! He spent a lot of time right at the front of the stage next to Leslie, so I was in the 'firing line' a couple of times. I started off the night about half way back when Zico Chain were on, then drifted closer to the front. The phones and cameras got a bit of a pain in the arse, that was the only downside to the night.

I thought it was worth the ticket price, and the merchandise was cheap **proudly waves slightly ill-fitting British Lion t-shirt**. The venue was absolutely packed, and unlike other gigs I've been to in Manchester, the audience was good natured.

Oh, and don't worry about your own alcohol related exploits, CriedWhenBrucieLeft - apparently the British Lion boys went on a piss-up in Glasgow two nights in a row, led by Steve, and were out until 5am before they set off for Manchester.:p

I'd like to know what the London show was like. People talked about it on Facebook as a sort of homecoming, and some of that audience said they were going to Manchester as well

Nope. I missed it due to something that looks a bit like Cried's street antics. *shakes hands with Cried*
The problem was that it was not after, but one day before the concert. (injured ankle) :/

Oh, I'm terribly sorry for that. You were among the few ones that really looked forward to seeing him live. Can't imagine such a thing happening to me. Anyway, they already have songs ready (I guess these were left aside from the first album, although I'm puzzled by some choices) and Steve made it clear that he wants another album out and that he doesn't want to quit music when Maiden retires.

Thank, harrisdevot.

Steve made it clear that he wants another album out and that he doesn't want to quit music when Maiden retires.
Just curious: I know he wants to continue British Lion, and I can also imagine he might continue with it, after Maiden is gone, but did he really say something about life after Maiden?

Yes, I will have to look for the exact quote, but he said he didn't want to be with anything left after Maiden. And he had these words I first couldn't understand : "I want to cram in as much as I can before I kick the bucket".

I found it : "And there’ll definitely be another British Lion record. I want to do more things with Maiden obviously, but if some of the guys decide that they don’t want to do as much in the future, then I’ve got this as well: this is my safety valve, because what else am I gonna do? I want to cram in as much as possible before I kick the bucket."

The link of the Interview (in several parts) :

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/...-steve-harris-on-british-lion-solo-project/3/

Thanks. I think I read it before but forgot that he linked Maiden afterlife together with this band.
I hope it's not an excuse to quit Maiden sooner than later. ;-)

Back