British Lion 2013 Tour

The link has actually been posted before in this thread.

I hope it's not an excuse to quit Maiden sooner than later. ;-)

I rather understood his statement as a sign of worry and concern about his own future should some member decide to hang his boots. He clearly has no desire to recruite anyone new. After seeing him live, I'm more convinced than ever that this guy still has the fire and that he has no intention to retire. Same thing with Adrian and Bruce.

I rather understood his statement as a sign of worry and concern about his own future should some member decide to hang his boots. He clearly has no desire to recruite anyone new. After seeing him live, I'm more convinced than ever that this guy still has the fire and that he has no intention to retire. Same thing with Adrian and Bruce.
Same here. Before this album came out I was worried Steve was running out of juice, obviously I've been proven wrong. Now it looks like Maiden's longevity depends on Nicko. He's a great drummer but I kinda hope that even after he retires they have a few more years in them.

Nicko is my concern too, but it seems that the man is not able to live far from his drum kit (I would not say the same thing about Davey and his guitar ;) ). He is jamming all the time (or at least this is the impression I've got).
Seeing how terribly tired Steve looked after the Paris gig, at the end of a very short tour, I would say this is pretty obvious that those guys are not able to tour for months anymore. But they love it. I tended to worry a lot about Bruce, because of all his business stuff, but the news that he was recording a new solo album has completely reassured me.

Well, we don't here much from either Davey or Janick. You're right though, Nicko, despite his age (& perhaps the obvious assumption that he may be the first to want to call a day to extensive touring), still seems to love his drumming & is still playing plenty. Having never seen any of Maiden in person after a gig (luck bastard! :D) I don't know how hard a toll touring is now taking on them. But Steve still looks like he could go on for years, judging by this tour. With Bruce & Adrian (& their respective solo stuff) I don't think there's any problem either. So things are looking okay I guess.

Arm over the barricade (on the right hand side) directly in front of David Hawkins.
(Btw, where do you think they headed out after the gig? Nice 'N' Sleazy across the road? :p)

I was on the other side, third then second person back.

Perhaps they stayed in the Garage, although they may not have fitted in there. I guess they could have gone to Solid Rock, the Cathouse or Ivory Blacks.

I canny see them having hung around at The Garage --that would have been pretty odd. Maybe. Cathouse? --can't really see them there either. Depends where they were staying I suppose. I just thought they might have hung around where the gig & tour bus was; but if they were out until 5 a.m. who knows where they ended up.

^ Assuming it's the truth, of course, and not a bit of stage banter from Taylor ;)
It resulted in (yet another) a big cheer

Ah, I see --I wondered where you had read/heard that they were out in Glasgow. Before is a bit surprising --presumably they arrived, went for a few & got a little carried away. Understandable going out after the Glasgow gig. Although, again, a little surprising since they were playing the day after. Anyway, I'd have been in no fit state to hold a sensible conversation, so I'm happy enough with having enjoyed the gig itself. It was very good. Will be interesting to see how quickly they release the new stuff they played (& some more material), on a second album.

I know this is the BL tour thread, but I have to say (again): I'd just love to see Adrian play some of his side-project stuff in a venue that small. Seeing Steve that close was way too cool; but I'd find watching Adrian (or Dave) playing guitar, that close, more interesting.

Now that would be amazing. I couldn't imagine Dave doing it, though, does he do anything outside of Maiden? :p

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. You tour the world with one of the greatest bands in the world and when you're not, you play golf on any golf course in the world to your liking...

:applause:For a brief moment, I've feared that this topic too would turn into a celebration of other Maiden members.

Back