Bring Your Daughter… …To the Slaughter

How good is Bring Your Daughter... ...To the Slaughter on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Bring Your Daughter... ...To the Slaughter

My dad brought a bottle of genuine Croatian slivovic back home from his trip recently. It didn't last a single night.

Perun said:
My dad brought a bottle of genuine Croatian slivovic back home from his trip recently. It didn't last a single night.

I had heard rumours it was nasty. It was actually quite decent ... we were given both a Serbian version and a Slovak one. Can't really tell which one I liked best.

By the way, bring your daughter.

Not a bad song, but certainly not one of their best.   The single cover with Jessica Rabbit is pratty damn cool though.

5 out of 10... Never been a fan of this tune. Janick's solo is about it's biggest redeeming factor.

Forostar said:
Ever witnessed it live? Very nice actually. Played faster and it certainly gets the crowd going. I am doubting about the grade, still (will review later).

Saw it live 3 times. Which is at least 2 too many.

Well constructed; awesome guitar; great vocals; makes me want to leap up and punch the air when that opening guitar blasts in. 10/10.

Now that's a song without a consensus.

Strong song. AC/DC-ish. While I for one am not a huge fan of AC/DC (way too many songs sound the same in my ears), this stuff is a welcome variation in the Maiden catalogue.

I love its punchy bass and drum pattern. *bam, pam, bam, pam, bam, pam, bam, pam*
Simple and effective beat. I am sure it contributes to its immense success on the charts and during concerts. During a concert, from the first second, this monster of a song draws the attention of every listener, and thousands of heads start nodding like zombies, and later on people go headbanging and jumping.

It's the typical song you won't pay much attention to while being at home, but when heard it has a kind of tension, unique in the catalogue.

The "aaaa, haaa, haaa, haaa, haaa" bridge is exciting, so is the guitar freaking during the couplets.

Only a few days ago, I found out that the video clip uses fragments of a British horror film (with Christopher Lee), called City of the Dead, from 1960. If I hadn't seen the film, I might never have found out otherwise.

1129city.jpg

I advise the people who own A Real Live One, and have buried it deep in a closet: wipe off the dust, play it and find out again how much power it possesses. The studio version is still special on its own imo.

This is one of my least liked songs. Only part i like is the one before last chorus. Rest i just don't dig. I can see that this song goes down great live, but we're rating studio tracks here.

1/10. Nothing good about this song at all. The lyrics are terrible the chorus is even worse and the guitar part is very simple. It's hard to believe the same guy wrote Revelations.

The Knife Master said:
1/10. Nothing good about this song at all. The lyrics are terrible the chorus is even worse and the guitar part is very simple. It's hard to believe the same guy wrote Revelations.
And Powerslave!

3/10. Serious contender for my worst Maiden song.

I'm really surprised to see so many bad comments about this song. It's my favorite song from the 90's and it should've been played on every concert since its release. I hope they do the 90's tour with this song in the setlist. 10/10.

I hope they do a '90s tour, but i certainly don't want this song to be played. There are too many gems off TXF or even VXI (Lightning Strikes Twice / The Educated Fool), for this P.O.S to take the spotlight.

Feverdog said:
i give it a 6 i think its just ok, but when it came out i loved it .

Do you consider this a cover ?.
Not really. More of a re recording.

Back