UK Politics

The legislation passed last night - which was achieved by MPs taking control of Parliamentary business for a day - seems to compel the PM to ask for a further extension to the exiting process rather than facilitate a No Deal exit. The European Council - which I think consists of Juncker, Tusk and the member state leaders - may still refuse to grant another extension of course and Theresa must provide a sufficient reason to extend the leaving date. However, an interesting facet of this is that it puts the ball in the EC's court (or at least assigns them a significant portion of blame) with regards to a No Deal exit. The leaders of the remaining 27 member states won't want to be seen to facilitate a No Deal exit (although I think Macron is keen) due to the detrimental affect on businesses. Fascinating stuff.

The method by which the legislation was passed by MPs yesterday was also totally unorthodox. The bill was passed through the House of Commons between the end of Prime Minister's Questions and midnight (less than 11 hours) when the procedure has always taken months as multiple readings of the bill are required. It may be passed by the House of Lords as early as today. JRM pointed out that this sets a dangerous precedent for future majority governments to streamroller some controversial legislation through Parliament in a matter of hours and prevent it from receiving the appropriate level of scrutiny.

56450544_1133872246786305_9140674619118714880_n.jpg

(or at least assigns them a significant portion of blame)

You must be kidding, there is no blame on EU for any of the shit British politicians cooked up for their populace. Vast majority of Brexit propaganda were blatant lies and you fell for it, now there is EU blame if you don't proceed like you wanted? For fucks sake UK is the only one in the EU having special treatment, you want something else, we ask what, you don't know, we say ok, you say I want to leave, we say leave but you need to leave before some date so we can plan the household accordingly, you say ok but you don't even start packing and if you get ejected through the door head first it is our blame? A significant portion?

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

The Wizard is still right,though. The UK government and sections of the media will attribute blame to the EU, they will try and salvage their reputations and electability. Doesn't matter if its true or not.

Yeah, that's a posturing thing, Zare. Not a fact thing. I still think the EU will show the UK the door next week.

Massive self own from Mogg.

"If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes", basically admitting that the UK isn't in fact a vassal state or colony within the EU but instead has a huge amount of power.

At least some part of government had planned ahead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My passport with European Union on the cover is valid until 2027 and I do not have any plans on getting one of the new ones before it expires. I am not going to replace the number plate of my car - featuring an EU flag - either.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My passport with European Union on the cover is valid until 2027 and I do not have any plans on getting one of the new ones before it expires. I am not going to replace the number plate of my car - featuring an EU flag - either.

They are more likely to come back into fashion than become vintage LOL. JK. Definitely hold on until it is mandated, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

They are more likely to come back into fashion than become vintage LOL. JK. Definitely hold on until it is mandated, otherwise it's just a waste of money.

If they (i.e. the Government) are willing to give me a replacement passport for free, I am not going to say no, but otherwise I do not see the point.

Back