Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Nomad

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Out Of The Silent Planet

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • The Thin Line Between Love And Hate

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Which song from the 12th Iron Maiden album Brave New World is your favourite? Simply cast your votes in.
album12_bnw_a_small.jpg

Gee, it's a tough one. It's a great album, without a single bad track. The closest you get to 'bad' is The Mercenary which is just a good song, but nothing spectacular.

After considering all the options, it all comes down to three tracks. Ghost of the Navigator, The Nomad and Dream of Mirrors. The Nomad is, just as Alexander the Great fantastic in terms of music. But just like 'Alexander' it lacks in the lyrics.

So now, there's only two left. Dream of Mirrors is a fantastic song. Though it takes too much time for the song, to really 'get going' it's still one of my favourites. The lyrics are spectacular and just... Twisted. "I only dream in black and white. I only dream 'cause I'm alive". It's like taking a trip into Steve's mind.

And finally. Ghost of the Navigator. Though it's better live, it's still a great song on the album as well. Thinking of the broad perspective, the songs are just equal. But, to determinate my favourite, I'll just have to go with the song which have the best chorus. There's really no other way. And the winner is: Dream of Mirrors, because of its fantastic chorus with the heavy riffs.

Like Yax said, its pretty tough to choose one from this album..

Brave new world, the title track is a cracking song, great soft intro, good lyrics and solos and lots of energy.
Like above I like Dream of Mirrors too for much of the same reasons.
The Wickerman is a fun track, good solo too and The Nomad has some great instrumental sections.

But my favourite would be Blood Brothers - great great intro (Dave's melodious stuff), good use of keyboards, emotion filled lyrics, and the amazing solo/harmony part at the end which Janick plays.

:up:

I think it's the title track.  Aaa braaave neeew wooorld...  And so on  :bigsmile:  I think it's a fantastic song.  Dream of Mirrors comes close, but the Brave New World wins because it gets "good" faster.  I don't really like the beginning of Dream of Mirrors, though the middle and end is just as good, if not better, than Brave New World's.

Ghost of the Navigator, Blood Brothers, and the Wickerman are all really good.  Though to be honest, they all are.  Those just stand out more.

Tough one. I love all the songs but if I had to chose one It would have to be 'Out Of The Silent Planet'. I really dig the lyrics on this one and love the fast paced bit in the end. I would really have loved to hear this on 'Rock In Rio'.

Brave New World is my favorite album, so it's a toughie. But when it comes to interesting subject matter and emotion of the title track, ya can't go wrong with it. Title track fer me :D

Like every Maiden album (except No Prayer) there are a lot of potential favs.  The Wickerman does it for me on this one though.  The opening of it is so powerful and it really said to me at the time "Maiden is Back!!"  I'm not saying the Blaze era was bad, it wasn't at all.  In fact, I have the total respect for the man to take the reigns after Bruce.  The problem wasn't Blaze or Maiden, it was the period in time that the music came out in.  The X-Factor is one of the best albums that Maiden has ever done in my opinion. 

It's hard to choose between Wicker Man and Dream Of Mirrors. Obviously, DOM is longer, it's 9 minutes long! It has a nice buildup to the middle part. That to me is the best part! When Nicko comes in!  :yey:

Wicker Man is an all out rocker. Start to finish, it just gets your adrenaline going! Like I said before, when I saw them in 2000, I was only 19 and knew nothing!

Even though DOM is killer, I'm voting Wicker Man. It's the first song on the new album with Bruce and H back in the band. Like SMX said before, thousands of fans screaming "YOUR TIME WILL COME!" is awesome.

Soon enough, I'll experience that full force...2008  :yey: (Not Wicker Man, but the tunes from those wonderful 80s masterpieces that made Maiden outstanding!)

This was a tough poll, especially since Brave New World is one of my favorite albums (right up there with Seventh Son and AMOLAD). While all of the tracks are favorites of one sort or another the ones that really make a difference are Dream of Mirrors, The Nomad, The Wicker Man, Brave New World, Out of the Silent Planet, and Blood Brothers. I think Yax covered the reasons for liking Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad already very well. As for Brave New World I love the lyrics and the mood created but it depresses me very much so it doesn't get a listen all too often (I haveto be in a very special mood for it). The Wicker Man is one of my favorite openers and it's just a great rocking song to get you yelling at the top of your voice. Out of the Silent Planet is just catchy (really catchy). And then there's Blood Brothers. This one gets my vote not only because it was the first Maiden song I ever heard and the reason I have become an Iron Maiden fan, but because I just love the structure of the song, with its heartfelt solos and terrific melody, all of which seems very classical music oriented. I just love this track, it will always be very special for me. :)

Brave New World gets my vote. I still get goosebumps from its beautiful and melancholic intro. Excellent how the Three Amigoes divided their guitars. Especially during the couplets, when Dave keeps playing the melodic chords and Janick his single note melody, while H hits his rhythm axe.

Later the midpiece features one of the best Maiden guitar harmonies I heard in years!
:)

Ghost of the Navigator.  I agree that this is a uniformly great album, but to my taste, this isn't even a close choice.      Perfect high-energy tempo, great lyrics, terrific live song (here's hoping they play it again), and has that intangible "kick-ass" factor.  Wicker Man and GOTN combine to form the best "one-two" opening punch on any Maiden album -- though Ides of March/Killers and Aces High/11:58pm are close.  GOTN has moments that remind me of very early, DiAnno-era Maiden songs, and yet it is sufficiently epic and sophisticated to be a worthy sequel (or at least a companion piece) to Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

This is an easy poll. After all it is asking which is your FAVORITE track, it doesn't have to be the BEST on the album. That said my FAVORITE is Out of the Silent Planet.

The content of this post has been deleted by SinisterMinisterX.

Might as well make this public knowledge:
thousand_suns has been permanently banned by the moderation team.
However, the idiot doesn't seem to get it. He keeps trying to come back with new usernames.
We're banning them as we see them.
If you see someone you suspect may be thousand_suns, please inform the mods immediately.

And to thousand_suns, if he comes back again and sees this:
Get fucking lost already.

*Ugh* I better vote again lol

I said The Wicker Man was my fave, but...how could I push aside Davey's masterpieces The Nomad and The Thin Line? And the title track??

*Sigh* The whole f*cking album is outstanding!!

I'll say Dream Of Mirrors. Janick has a nice solo and that middle part is amazing!

Maybe in 3 more months I'll change it to Nomad  :lol:

Back