Bootlegs in detail

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

It's a bit of a stupid thread name but I haven't got any better right now. Remember the Bologna bootleg that was posted in live videos thread, where the band fucks up Hallowed Be Thy Name? I wanted to make a thread for that sort of stuff, so that we don't fill videos thread with already posted material.

Anyone noticed how Nicko fucks up POTO (premature ending ;)) on Hammersmith 1983, and recovers like a true pro he is?

about 1:12:43

I've always loved that fuck-up because he seems to go for a really impressive fill to close out the song with but is just a little early on it so instead it backfires completely.

The show I was actually at. The setlist fuckups... It was hillarious.

(for all you guitar geeks, this is also the first show where H brought his Goldtop out of retirement since 1998)

-H starts 2MTM instead of Wrathchild, the band carries on.
-Nicko randomly counts The Trooper in (21:10). Band reactions are hillarious. Then he proceeds to fuck up Phantom at 22:20.
-And my favourite, H starts playing WY instead of Trooper. Bruce tells him to get his eyes fucking checked (28:45).

P.S. Check out H's solo on Aces High. It's amazing.

P.S. P.S. Watch after HBTN, Bruce thinks it's the end of the show. He says goodnight, see you later, while the band just stands there like, WTF is he doing? After he gave so much shit to Nicko and H during the show, he fucked up in the end too.

Last edited:
The show I was actually at. The setlist fuckups... It was hillarious.

(for all you guitar geeks, this is also the first show where H brought his Goldtop out of retirement since 1998)

-H starts 2MTM instead of Wrathchild, the band carries on.
-Nicko randomly counts The Trooper in (21:10). Band reactions are hillarious. Then he proceeds to fuck up Phantom at 22:20.
-And my favourite, H starts playing WY instead of Trooper. Bruce tells him to get his eyes fucking checked (28:45).

P.S. Check out H's solo on Aces High. It's amazing.

P.S. P.S. Watch after HBTN, Bruce thinks it's the end of the show. He says goodnight, see you later, while the band just stands there like, WTF is he doing? After he gave so much shit to Nicko and H during the show, he fucked up in the end too.

OMG I couldn't stop laughing with the fucked up Nicko did!

Not a band fuck up, but this is the ultimate "how to annoy terrorize Bruce Dickinson" moment during a gig: the flares/spitting in Athens, 1999. The last night of the tour! Very impressive I thought.

During Aces High there is a flare. It's dangerous and creates annoying smoke. During The Trooper the flare returns. Then right Before 2 Minutes, Bruce asks the crowd to stop the flare and guess what happens within 2 seconds as soon as the song starts? And during the same song(!) someone spits at Steve. Bruce interrupts the song @4.50.

Whole cursed gig:

Last edited:
There's one other Aces High video, it was posted in the videos/shows thread. Even better depiction, tons of flares are already burning, and when Aces High starts another dozen get ignited.

I'll never get people who goes to a concert just to fuck the experience of it all by spating at the band or doing something (like the flare thing) that obviously annoys the band

I simply don't understand that stupid behaviour from people going to the shows and luckily I haven't experienced any of this where I have seen Maiden through the years.
Has there been ever any explanation on why this happened in Greece?
I just don't get it, that some people go to shows, use flares and spit towards the performers..

Flares are one thing, spitting is another. Perhaps spitting came in the 1990s, when HC crowds and metalheads melted together, I don't know. It's a punk/HC release-your-hate thing. I don't have anything against flares per se, the ones used on football stands are a literal hazard because they're sown in half so you can smuggle them in between the sack and the hole.

Back