Blood on the World's Hands

How good is Blood on the World's Hands on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Blood on the World's Hands

I can't add much to the comments about this song that hasn't already been said.  The intro is nice, but it's not what makes the song special; it's just a great song in general.  A high 8, but I'll round that to a 9.

9/10

Steve harris could possibly be the greatest composer ever. Great lyrics and the music fits so perfectly, The song is scary if you think about whats happening around the world at the moment.

Babo 91 said:
9/10

Steve harris could possibly be the greatest composer ever. Great lyrics and the music fits so perfectly, The song is scary if you think about whats happening around the world at the moment.

I forgot to mention it on my post. Nailed it perfectly. When you conjure up the imagery of these happenings in Egypt and Libia and all the bloodbaths around, the song really makes you freeze, specially, after Blaze sings "Blood on the world's hands - Each day it goes on.", then comes that tense riff and those haunting synths, on the background. Spine chilling, genius!

I'm going to give this song a 9 as well. When I first heard the X Factor, this song really jumped out at me. The music is superb, and the lyrics are first rate as well. Also really like how Blaze delivers them here and I think it fits the song really well.

Eddies Wingman said:
No More Lies: Starting at 0:45. Isle of Avalon: 7:24. It's not really that similar, but several have pointed it out.

I hear it! Same pattern indeed! Thankfully the mood and sound is different, but I surely get the idea.

Eddies Wingman said:
By the way, I think you have once mentioned that this part of No More Lies in turn is borrowed from (or inspired by) the part in The Educated Fool starting at 3:37.

Indeed (and I thought that the TEF part came from Judgement of Heaven) but it's more different than I thought, earlier on.

Eddies Wingman said:
The Duellists: 4:14 to 4:36. Rime of the Ancient Mariner: 10:03 to 10:28.

I think this one is pretty different. The first tones are longer in Rime, and in Duellists there is more variation (more different chords -> 4 instead of 3 if I'm correct: Rime: 1-1-2-3   -> Duellists: 1-2-3-4)

The difference with the comparison I made between BOTWH and FTGGOD is that in these songs the whole parts (bass, rhythm guitars) sound almost the same. Not just one guitar pattern, almost the whole part.
Nicko's drums are different but the accents in these pieces are the same, and the hacking guitars are almost the same too. Try hear Blaze sing (in your head) "it's out of control" in the parts of FTGGOD, which I've pointed out. Of course the tempo is faster in FTGGOD, but still ... Anyway, it might be a matter of interpretation but I can imagine why I heard this earlier than the examples you mentioned.

Now I will compare the intros of Clairvoyant and Tailgunner once again.
Yes, the accents are similar, especially the way Steve plays it. But there are important differences.
There is way more variation in the intro of Tailgunner. In The Clairvoyant, the rhythm guitar stays in the same chord, and manner of playing. And Steve keeps repeating the same pattern (even though it might be seen as more melodic as his playing in Tailgunner).

In Tailgunner, there are two different rhythm guitars -"closed" powerchords and open full chords- (at one point even a third guitar joins) and they switch between two different chords, and Steve as well.

Very different song for maiden. The bass solo is really cool and I like the  chorus alot. 9/10

10/10, My favourite track on the X Factor album, nice bass intro... guitars, bass, drums and vocals all sound awesome, really like the way the song progress' as a whole, good lyrics.

Can't really add anything what hasn't been said, apart that i have a special connection to this one, because my country was involved in this war, and i have relatives in Sarajevo which choose to remain there during the siege. Bosnia was an African-style slaughterhouse in the middle of the fucking Europe, at the dawn of 20th century.

meanwhile, there's someone laughing at us

What an intro man. What an intro. I worship 'Arry. I like the last note of the main riff. It's an 8,5 in my book but it's a strong 8 there.

Mega said:
I'll give it an 8.5, just low enough for it to be an 8.

+

maidenhead1996 said:
What an intro man. What an intro. I worship 'Arry. I like the last note of the main riff. It's an 8,5 in my book but it's a strong 8 there.

In my book an 8,5 is a 9. Would you guys confirm if you have voted an 8 or 9 (I guess you did 8?).
Thanks in advance!

Fantastic bass intro. The song gets kinda boring near the end because it's too slow. Keyboards fit this song well and Blaze sounds OK (better than on Judgement Of Heaven). 7/10.

I love the bass intro, I wish Steve would do something like this again in another song, Blaze puts so much emotion in the verses. A solid 8

Blaze sounds great here. I like the dark tonality. The solos and unisons are creepy and cool.

Steve Harris is a beast, but that intro is so pointless.

Great track. Bass solo is excellent and the way it segues into the opening riff is bone-chilling. The leads on this were mixed terribly by the producer though (I think it was 'Arry himself, right?) but once you get past that it's top notch. Whole thing is chock full of emotion, and the lyrics hurt to listen to because they're so painfully true. A great introspective song of how so many of people, including myself, have become so desensitized to how the world is falling apart around us. One thing I really like about The X-Factor is its stark portrayal of reality that really bites you in the ass and doesn't bullshit you. Bayley's unison in the second-to-last chorus is one of the finest eargasms I've heard on a Maiden track.

10 out of fucking 10.

This is a great song. The verses are so soulful and the lyrics are very well done by Blaze. Great leads by the guitarists! And Steves intro is very special and unusual for a Maiden song!

The song are very hit or miss on the album in terms of quality, but at least all the songs are full of emotion, and this is no different! I really feel this song!

8/10

Cool bass solo followed by a ridiculous dancing melody.Cool solos but the song lacks that special something.

This is one of my least favourite tracks on the album. I'm not really a fan of the bass solo as the start of a song, nor the interaction of Blaze's vocals and the music on the verses, nor the chorus as a whole. Not a bad song, I just find it a bit meh.
5/10

Back