Blood on the World's Hands

How good is Blood on the World's Hands on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Blood On The World's Hands' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'blood On The World's Hands'

This one's a really good song with some serious questioning. I especially like the bass intro, because it fit's so well with the overall tension of the song and the album.

'blood On The World's Hands'

yes the bass intro on this one is very nice; it creates the perfect atmosphere and sets the right mood according to the subject of the song. the harmonics were a very good idea. it seems as if steve's bass playing has been dumbed down in the mixing of the last 2 albums..you dont hear as much of that rawness and that distinct bass sound that actually made the bass sound separate from all the other instruments..it sounds alot more blended in to the songs in BNW and DOD..but i hope sometime in the future steve will serve us with another one of these great bass intros...i would like to see him go all out insane with his bass (this intro is pretty simple actually..at least for me lol) ..i dont think we have seen his full potential released yet. 3.5 stars

Re: 'Blood On The World's Hands'

In the commentary it says it`s about the Bosnian war. It cannot be called like that, since it was here in Croatia and Bosnia, with Serbia attacking both.

W h o  g i v e s  a  f u c k ?

It's commonly called the Bosnian War.  Just like the Korean Police Action is commonly called the Korean War.

well many people give a fuck, Perun, especially those whose children, brothers, sisters and parents died in the war. im not some crazy war guy, but would you give a fuck if someone who you love dies?

The common nomenclature is that of "Bosnian War".  Arguing over details is simply pedantic.

Lovro said:
well many people give a fuck, Perun, especially those whose children, brothers, sisters and parents died in the war. im not some crazy war guy, but would you give a fuck if someone who you love dies?

What I wanted to say is, it doesn't matter who started it, what matters is that it should never happen again. Pointing your finger at someone saying "you started it!" isn't helping.

I completely understand, but that wasn`t my point. That was the first time that I heard someone referring to it as the Bosnian war. I inderstand know that that is the term you use for it in English, but didn`t know it then.

It's called that in English because the majority of the West's involvement was in Bosnia, and that's what was publicised.  I have studied the events myself...especially because my dad was deployed to Bosnia in '95.

Interesting. Operation PALLADIUM (serving with IFOR)?
Or earlier (Operation HARMONY serving with UNPROFOR)?

Alright, perhaps he was there as well in 1996? IFOR was from 20 December 1995 to 20 December 1996.

Thumbs up to Blaze, his singing here makes the rage that is expressed in the lyrics really visible. Very well done!

I for one dont really like the intro to this song, it just doesn't seem to fit the general feel of the song, though the way the end of it progresses into the main riff is quite cool

Otherwise, this is one of my favourite songs on the album, it's emotional (which is a nice change for Maiden), topical, and quite melodic. I love the bit where Blaze is singing the chorus and the guitar is playing along to his vocals, then he stops singing and the guitars keep playing that little melody  :ok:

The live clips on youtube are cool too......

seely said:
it's emotional (which is a nice change for Maiden)

Do you mean that Maiden's songs are usually devoid of emotion?  :blink:

Most of them are actually loaded with a strong emotional intensity... or am I the only one to be a wee bit over-sensitive here?

Maverick said:

Most of them are actually loaded with a strong emotional intensity... or am I the only one to be a wee bit over-sensitive here?

You're a big wimp!  :p

Some Maiden songs certainly have more emotion in them than others, I think...

Maverick said:

Well it's more emotional and personal than most Maiden songs then, happy now?  :p

This might be a stupid question, but how do you guys know that this song is about the Bosnian War? I've read the lyrics closely several times, but I can't really find anything that makes a direct reference...

Did they say it in an interview or something?

Back