Blood Brothers

How good is Blood Brothers on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'Blood Brothers'

He's gone better over the years. Trooper and Evil That Men Do dual-solos from Rock In Rio aren't so good...mainly because Janick doesn't play with Adrian's precision...Trooper solo on DOTR was great, a bit offset here and there, but soundboard AMOLAD tour bootleg from Stockholm, TETMD solo, virtually note on note. You can only hear sloppiness in Janick's picking, but it's note on note.

If he knew how to pick like Adrian, you'd say that Adrian ran his guitar trough some octaver/double set on zero and plays alone!

I don't expect Maiden to tour often anymore. In the few tours left to us, I don't think this song will be in the setlist. In the last few years, the song was given (more than) enough attention.

Off topic...but i think they should ditch Iron Maiden and play Sanctuary on every show. They can showcase static Eddie in some of the pauses in that song. Sanctuary is also from their first professional recordings, nowadays it has two great solos, McBrain virtually ripps off his drumset (RiR version...amazing, don't play DVD, just audio and focus on the drums. wow!), there are two extra parts which are a blast for crowd participation.

Saw this on Brave New World wikipedia article:
The song "Blood Brothers" was dedicated to the late Ronnie James Dio at Sonisphere Knebworth 2010, as they had originally planned to perform the song together as a festival special.

NightProwler666 said:
The song "Blood Brothers" was dedicated to the late Ronnie James Dio at Sonisphere Knebworth 2010,

Yes, it was. Bruce dedicated the song to Dio at every gig on that tour.

as they had originally planned to perform the song together as a festival special.

I think the author got confused. Bruce said "he was supposed to be on stage with us here" meaning that Heaven and Hell were supposed to play Sonisphere  festival together with Maiden.

NightProwler666 said:
Saw this on Brave New World wikipedia article:
The song "Blood Brothers" was dedicated to the late Ronnie James Dio at Sonisphere Knebworth 2010, as they had originally planned to perform the song together as a festival special.

A thousand_suns post! ;)

Forostar said:
A thousand_suns post! ;)
What?

Perun said:
I think the author got confused. Bruce said "he was supposed to be on stage with us here" meaning that Heaven and Hell were supposed to play Sonisphere  festival together with Maiden.
Yeah, you're right. That second part of the sentence got me confused ;)

NightProwler666 said:

Thousand_suns is a banned user who is the forum's legend for bringing old news. But I admit that the second half of your post sounded like something new, so I wasn't very accurate with my remark.

Daily Song: Blood Brothers

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Blood Brothers

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

One of the most emotional pieces Maiden's ever done. Certainly one of the most haunting and beautiful. Great live, as well. I go from a high 9 to a low 10, as it does approach perfection. Having just relistened to it, I will give it the benefit of a doubt. 10/10.

Re: Daily Song: Blood Brothers

The best song on the album! Some amazing melodies and lyrics. The emotion is there in every instrument and every section. And this is another song that Janick shines on. 10/10

I understand the love for this song, but my favourite Maiden songs are exciting and contain more variation, instead of being emotional and "sweet", so to speak. That's my Maiden taste.

I give a very high 8 (I almost did 9) because the few melodies (yes there are just a few melodies, often repeated, in this lengthy track) are very good indeed.

Bruce is stellar, and the Celtic section right before the solo is really beautiful.

If not my favourite from 2000s Maiden, it comes pretty damn close. The lyrics, the melodies, everything, just works. It sounds like the most heartfelt song 'Arry ever wrote. Also great solos.

Did I just give the third 10 in a row? Yes, I think I did!

Another huge, haunting, beautiful piece of music. Built for orchestras or large arenas full of metalheads. It is guilty of an affliction that affects a lot of this album — it’s longer than it has to be. Not so much that is spoils the song, but enough to stop it from being a 10. Nine

10 - how could it be less? Lyrically/musically brilliant and one of those tracks that gets the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

My favourite song off the album. Absolutely magic with everyone singing along. The haunting mood for the song just makes it so emotioned filled, and like Albie said, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up on end during some sections of the song (especially the middle section). 10/10.

Back