Blood Brothers

How good is Blood Brothers on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

10/10

And after that, the album refuses to let itself lose its sheer consistency. In the Maiden canon, BNW's first chunk is practically unmatched. This song then is absolutely powerful and truly dynamic. Some of the strongest verses and one of the strongest bridges in all of their career can be found on here. I...did not intend for that to rhyme. Of course, my opinion is tainted by being at Ullevi 2016 and having such an incredible live moment before this song. Naturally this song is even better live - and that alone would make this song deserve its 10. But it earns that 10 on its own merits too.

Incredible song.

I dislike the 3/4 parts. The lyrics are great, song is objectively good, just it fails to link with me. I always thought that the key to understand Steve's approach to songwriting and leadership in general can be described as below:

When you think that we've used all our chances
And the chance to make everything right
Keep on making the same old mistakes
Makes untipping the balance so easy

Last edited:

Absolutely fantastic song that stands out amongst the bands discography, and an absolute standout live. This is one of the songs that makes every single Maiden playlist I make, no ifs or buts.

If there’s one thing that Steve Harris has in spades, it’s great melodies. This song is filled with so many awesome melodic ideas in the guitars and the vocals. The lyrics are very thought provoking and it feels like he went the extra mile to make them singable. Here Steve clearly had something to say, where sometimes he has a lot of words but not as much to say. It’s one of my favorite lyrics of his. It shows a new level of maturity. This song has become a live staple for a reason, that chorus is immense.

I love how this song plays with dynamics. Sometimes you think it’s going to grow into something bigger, but then it takes everything down a notch before going full force again. This may be a Harris track, but the three guitarists really take his vision to the next level. The solos are dripping with soul, and they play his melodies with such a fantastic tone and feel. The 3 feel is also a nice change of pace.

Waltz like tempo Maiden with folk melodies? Count me in! emotional, great live sing along and one hell of a bridge and solo. Third best song from the record with 8.5/10 (so let's round up to a 9).

Back