Blind Guardian

Apparently they didn't put info as to which song was recorded where in the booklet <_< Prob just recorded the whole thing in studio and added some "Hello >city<" stuff from the actual shows. Which is stupid since they actually sound flawless live.

They definitely didn't put any info about which city the songs were recorded in, but a few were performed in Dusseldorf, at least one each in Ljubljana and Warsaw, and one somewhere in Italy. I think the editing of the video versions is a lot more extreme than the CD though. After watching the videos I was worried that the whole album would have chants of "Guardian, Guardian" before each song and then the song would be cleaned up and the crowd removed. That's not the case though. There's plenty of crowd singalong in the "hits" like 'Valhalla' and 'The Bards Song' so the live atmosphere definitely comes across. I do feel that Hansi seems to override everything at times though. So it's definitely not studio-like editing with cheering in between, which Testament were guilty of on their 'Dark Roots of Thrash' live album from a couple of years ago.

Riddle me this; I recently watched a Live At Wacken vid and loved it. Then I listened to the Red Mirror album. Well, some of it. Utter pish, as far as Im concerned. Surely they have better stuff. What do ye recommend?

Tales From The Twilight World, Imaginations From The Other Side, Nightfall In Middle Earth. Might as well avoid albums after Nightfall.

Their two best albums, in my opinion, are 'Imaginations From the Other Side' and 'Nightfall in Middle-Earth'.
Live (the one from 2003, recently remastered, reasonably cheap): given how precise they are live, this double cd is also an excellent best of.

Hansi had an interview last Friday on Metal Command:

- No BG live shows for the next 18 months
- There will be eleven songs in the orchestral album.
- The theme will revolve around the 17th century
- Two of the songs were composed back in 1997.
- Hansi should finish recording the vocals in the next three weeks.

- Hansi and John will start working on the third Demons and Wizards album soon after.
- Some shows planned for the summer of next year

- No BG live shows for the next 18 months

- Hansi and John will start working on the third Demons and Wizards album soon after.
- Some shows planned for the summer of next year
That means no Blind Guardian shows until 2020 then! :eek::( Activity with Demons and Wizards could be interesting though. I'm not too familiar with the D&W stuff but will listen to it more at some point. Jon is planning on rerecording the early Iced Earth albums though, so I'm not sure how he'll find the time to do anything else.

Which was.....? They're finally recording a third album after laying low for years due to the collosal disappointment that was inappropriate touching from the red king?

Back