Blind Guardian Survivor 2015 Results - Royalty reigns supreme

Satisfied with the results?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Majesty is definitely their Hallowed. I've seen them twice and both times that song had the best reception. However, band doesn't really like first 2 albums so both times we had to shout "Majesty" for a couple of minutes to make them play it. If the audience doesn't do that, they rarely play it.

Thanks for hosting! These survivors are always fun for me, learning a band by trying every album in order for a survivor. Plus UO can stop badgering me now to try BG. :p Some observations:

Not sure how I feel about the top ten. Is this what a typical BG top ten would look like? Is Majesty their Hallowed Be Thy Name? Some of these songs are deserving but there are some other great ones that got eliminated way too early. Time Stand Still was my pick for the winner and it wasn't even in the top ten. Still not sure how that happened.

Well yes, I can now stop badgering you about BG. Now it'll be another bands turn. :D

BG have gotten more progressive over the years, but they seem to be on the heavier side of power metal I think. I mean their first 2 albums are borderline thrash and it's only Somewhere Far Beyond where the power metal is more prevalent than the thrash (they seemed about equal on Tales).
Time Stands Still is a very good song, but it's outside my top 20. If I remember rightly, everyone was very surprised that Time Stands Still won last time. It's definitely great but I have 4 or 5 songs on the same album that I prefer.
Majesty is definitely a crowd favourite, and like NP said, BG will not play it unless the crowd demands for it (we demanded it so much we actually got it BEFORE our encore).

Back