Blaze Bayley

I’m excited for this. I have always enjoyed Blood and Belief. The drumming on the album is particularly excellent (Life and Death is a great example of this).

Jason Bowld, who did the drumming on the album, became a member of Bullet for My Valentine in 2016! A very technically skilled drummer, Sneap clearly secured the best session drummer available at the time.

And i wonder if The Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror are getting reissues as well in the future. The former was printed in 500 copies on vinyl I think, back in 2010 or 2011. But the latter never got a vinyl release at all, so that one in particular would be great a choice.

Last edited:
Excited, even more so if this means a Blood & Belief-themed tour in after the War Within Me run, especially now that the band has 2 guitars.
Regret has always been my favourite songs of his, as well as Soundtrack of My Life and Tearing Yourself to Pieces.

Maybe not a full tour like with the Silicon Messiah reissue, but Alive, Ten Seconds and the title track have all been performed live with a full band since BLAZE disbanded, so perhaps they will return to the set. Screenshot_2022-03-09-13-08-53-722_com.android.chrome.jpgA setlist from 2004 btw, Steve Wray was the last original instrumentalist performing at that point.

Last edited:
Maybe not a full tour like with the Silicon Messiah reissue, but Alive, Ten Seconds and the title track have all been performed live with a full band since BLAZE disbanded, so perhaps they will return to the set. View attachment 19344A setlist from 2004 btw, Steve Wray was the last original instrumentalist performing at that point.
I remember that setlist very well! I was at the Belgian gig, a very small venue with only 50 people in the audience! I was in the front row and Blaze grabbed me by the shoulders during Identity....

I went to a rather sparsly populated Glasgow gig on the Blood on Belief tour. Definitely had a new guitarist to the band as he spent a lot of time nipping to the back of the stage to consult his notes on how the songs went.

I'm sure both Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger and The Angel and the Gambler could have been turned into strong tracks with different arrangements (including cutting and re-arranging some parts)
Tbh I've always thought the 6-minute-something single edit of "The Angel and the Gambler", which chops out the entire slow section in the middle and ditches half the chorus repeats at the end, turns that track from a dud into a pretty good one.

Tbh I've always thought the 6-minute-something single edit of "The Angel and the Gambler", which chops out the entire slow section in the middle and ditches half the chorus repeats at the end, turns that track from a dud into a pretty good one.

Blaze does a version of it live where it’s turned into a Status Quo type party song and it’s trimmed down, works really well. There’s great music in TAATG, it’s only issue is the length which is indulgent

News from the Blaze camp…I’m very excited. Blood and belief was an album I was initially a bit cold on but as I’ve got older I’ve related to it more and more so I can’t wait to own it on vinyl

BLOOD & BELIEF’ RE-ISSUE

We are very excited to announce the re-issue of the ‘Blood & Belief’ album, including for the first time a vinyl LP version.

Both the CD & vinyl contain the original audio produced by Andy Sneap, whilst all the artwork has been re-imagined by Blaze & beautifully re-designed with our regular artwork collaborator Akirant Illustration. A separate image has been designed for each of the 10 album tracks & included in the booklet for the CD & vinyl, alongside the lyrics.

There are 7 different options/bundles available including crimson red presentation boxes, each designed to hold 3 CDs or LPs (adopting a similar idea to the boxes released previously for the ‘Infinite Entanglement’ trilogy). So, for example fans may want to house the ‘Silicon Messiah’, ‘Tenth Dimension’ & ‘Blood & Belief’ releases, or alternatively any other releases of their choice.

The vinyl is black 180g double LP in gatefold sleeve, with 30cm/12” 12-page booklet. The CD also contains the normal sized 12-page booklet.

The vinyl & CD are signed by Blaze.

Purchasers of options 5, 6 & 7 will also have the benefit of membership of the new ‘Circle of Blood’ facebook group & newsletter.

The bundles include T-shirts & hoodies which are also available separately if required.

The official release date for the vinyl & CD is 6th May 2022 & orders are available now at www.blazebayleyshop.com

Shipping is estimated to begin from 14th April 2022.

Please note the quantities of the various bundles are limited in number.

Reactions: Yax
I remember the times when you went to the music shop and said: Give me that vinyl or that tape. That's all and you went back to home with a happy face.

I just recently picked up As Live As It Gets because I’d heard such good things. Terrible cover artwork aside, I was amazed what a good live album it is!

Such a great album and set list but I agree the cover is bad, bad, bad. Not even so bad it’s good. Just forgettable bad

We are very excited to announce the re-issue of the ‘Blood & Belief’ album, including for the first time a vinyl LP version.

Both the CD & vinyl contain the original audio produced by Andy Sneap, whilst all the artwork has been re-imagined by Blaze & beautifully re-designed with our regular artwork collaborator Akirant Illustration. A separate image has been designed for each of the 10 album tracks & included in the booklet for the CD & vinyl, alongside the lyrics.
^ This is curious. Btw, the new cover is much better.

His Infinite Trilogy has some really great artworks in the booklets (especially Part III) - the alien warrior is great.

New Wolfsbane album, 'Genius', will be available in June. :)

Artwork designed by fellow genius Simon 'Mackie' Piasecki, who also created the covers for All Hell's Breaking Loose Down at Little Kathy Wilson's Place & Down Fall the Good Guys.
1f4bf.png
Genius is available to pre-order on CD from our website now (worldwide shipping is coming soon... we promise!)
1f447.png

https://www.wolfsbaneband.com/

278607505_402567018539374_8949683736410155261_n.jpg

Back