Blaze Bayley

I think the website lacks of many interesting things since 2010 like these or the Kevin Shirley's diaries. They had something interesting for the fans every week.

I'll definitely need more listens to form an opinion, but after first listen I really liked The Unstoppable Stephen Hawking and Witches Night.

I'm starting to have my doubts about the competence of the Maidenfans hive mind given that this seems to have slipped under the radar:

Then again, it may be better off forgotten.

I'm starting to have my doubts about the competence of the Maidenfans hive mind given that this seems to have slipped under the radar:

Then again, it may be better off forgotten.
Nah, that was pretty cool. Not particularly awesome, but a pretty damn fun to hear him in this context.

I prefer slightly off key, honest, messy singing to an auto tuned to death performance like the new album. Which is a shame, the songs are really good, and if they had only done that as an effect on a track or two, it might have been an embellishment but on every track as it is, is tiresome.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think this is just "slightly off key, honest, messy singing" but a performance with no vocal control and no real care in it. Blaze is better than that.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think this is just "slightly off key, honest, messy singing" but a performance with no vocal control and no real care in it. Blaze is better than that.
I can agree on that. It's not a very good performance.

Sounds like one take or very few takes, which if he's just guesting on some nobody bands work is probably to be expected.

Blaze got paid 500 £ for doing that performance after all (at least this was the price to get Blaze to sing on on a track, when I asked his former manager and ex-wife, just of curiosity back in the day). I can't imagine that it took any considerable effort for his part to prepare for that song - he did it for the money after all (like the Wolfsbane track he sang on in 2011). :D:D:D

For a while, I think his former manager/ex-wife made him do everything that was presented to him, just to get money flowing in to the household? Short-run focus on his career? :facepalm:

This was just like the "Gran Canaria manager" back in 2005/2006 (the drummer on Alive in Poland was the son of that individual).

Last edited:
Just gave a listen to the newest Blaze record and I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the songs and melodies.

That said: yeah, the autotune is pretty noticeable. Overall, an enjoyable record. The verse melodies on Alan Turing and Stephen Hawking are truly shit, though.

Sounds like one take or very few takes, which if he's just guesting on some nobody bands work is probably to be expected.
Well, it does say in the video description that this was just a demo, so there's that. Curious if there was ever a final version released, or if the collaboration even got to that stage.

New Blaze Bayley album is great. The first song crushes you immediately and it just goes on from there. So many great melodies and harmonies on this record.

For me, standout are the optimistic lyrics and tones that we all need in our lives now. I can't get 18 flights out of my head for a week. Such a fun song! Other standouts are Power of Nikola Tesla, War within me, and Every storm ends.

I can't recommend this album enough!

Back