Blaze Bayley

Songs of other bands which Blaze has performed on his solo tours:

IRON MAIDEN

- all of TXF album without ''The Unbeliever''
- all of VXI album without ''The Educated Fool'' and ''Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger''
- Virus
- Fear Of The Dark
- The Trooper
- Wrathchild
- Wasted Years
- Run To The Hills
- Iron Maiden
- Running Free
- The Number Of The Beast
- Blood Brothers (acoustic)
- Hallowed Be Thy Name (acoustic)
- Afraid To Shoot Strangers (acoustic)

*The Aftermath, COTD (acoustic), GOTN, TETMD, Aces High, Wasting Love and Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) -> not sure about them!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOLFSBANE

Manhunt
Steel
Kathy Wilson
Black Lagoon
I Like It Hot
Loco
Killing Machine
Paint The Town Red
Broken Doll
Hey Babe
Totally Nude
Temple Of Rock
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dazed And Confused (Led Zeppelin cover)
Doctor Doctor (UFO cover)
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who cover) - acoustic
Black Night (Deep Purple cover)
Purple Rain (Prince cover)
Living After Midnight & Breaking The Law (Judas Priest covers) - with Tim Ripper Owens and Geoff Tate.
Man On The Silver Mountain & Long Live Rock 'N' Roll (Rainbow covers) - with Mike Vescera.
Rock You Like A Hurricane (Scorpions cover)
Wild Thing (The Troggs cover) - was possibly played live in 2010.

Didn't get the "Tenth Dimension" vinyl after all.
Thought it was pretty bad to cut out the rest of the band members from the booklet, that was definitely a factor for me.

Most of the members sacrificed a lot to perform with Blaze. For example they could have taken other jobs within the music industry or gone on to better paying day jobs after that Silicon Messiah didn't take off - but you know "Blood and Belief" wasn't just Blaze's view, after all?

On a sidenote, bassplayer Rob Naylor now works as an airline captain, that's kinda cool...
and not the only musician to go down that route. ;)

Last edited:
How it started:

vs

How it's going:

:facepalm:.

I'm sure Maiden would be more succesful if they did the same with Virtual Xi and removed any mentions or pictures of Blaze. Let's pretend it's just Steve on bass and drums, with a session musician as a vocalist. Bruce just happened to be busy with recording Chemical Wedding and Nicko was playing golf. The album will finally go gold!

Last edited:
Didn't get the "Tenth Dimension" vinyl after all.
Thought it was pretty bad to cut out the rest of the band members from the booklet, that was definitely a factor for me.

Most of the members sacrificed a lot to perform with Blaze. For example they could have taken other jobs within the music industry or gone on to better paying day jobs after that Silicon Messiah didn't take off - but you know "Blood and Belief" wasn't just Blaze's view, after all?

On a sidenote, bassplayer Rob Naylor now works as an airline captain, that's kinda cool...
and not the only musician to go down that route. ;)

I havent picked up the LP yet but that is strange. Especially with how much detail was given in the credits of original CD insert. I didn't notice the any of the same glaring omissions in the 2015 lp release of Silicon Messiah. Hard to fathom why this was done.

Wow that's sad, what a cunt, I hear the albums are also re-released as "Blaze Bayley" now. Maybe it's karma why he's not getting in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.
Thats not exactly correct. They are released under the "Blaze Bayley Recordings" instead of Steamhammer (SPV) label they were orginally released on. I can only speak to Silicon Messiah as that's the only LP Ive picked up but looking through the sleeve there's no attempt erase the rest of the band contributions to the album.

It's also only fair to consider that Blaze may not have been solely responsible for the decision: remember that "Skunkworks" isn't really a Bruce solo piece?

Who has written the music and lyrics on the album?

This is a shared vision between John Slater, Steve Wray and myself. Steve and John write the music and I did the lyrics.

Your lyrics are more personal and autobiographical on the new album, how come?

Steve Wray and I talked a lot after the live album was recorded and he suggested I try a different approach to my lyrics. Once I started to be honest about my life and my feelings there was no turning back.
Who came up with the cover?

John Slater our guitarist.

- Blaze, interviewed for the release of Blood and Belief in 2004. https://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/Blaze-August2004.htm

Just a few examples of how Wray and Slater did more for Blaze than just writing riffs and solos. Therefore I think it's a real shame to cut them out.

Wray, Bayley and Slater in the summer of 2003.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yax
No. I think was an active choice, the reasons for which, unknown. Nobody runs the Blaze Bayley show than Blaze Bayley - Because there's not really any money in it more than to finance Blaze's lfie and career. He is a fringe artist with a fringe fan base with a small number of sales.

Yep. So it's released by Blaze himself.

That wasnt the point. No ones disputing Blaze is the source re-releasing his earlier works. Being released by Blaze Bayley isnt the same as "re-released as "Blaze Bayley". The first two albums are still being released as Blaze by Blaze Bayley Recordings. I think its shameful to leave off your former band mates. Especialy when Blaze went through something similar with Brave New World.

I think you're misinterpreting my point. My point is, Blaze is calling the shots. If he didn't own the rights to his music, which he obviously does as well as control the distribution, then some aspects could be out of his reach. It isn't. What's more is, Blaze doesn't have a management. If the old band isn't properly credited, then it's because of Blaze himself.
I thought Blaze was managed by Luke Appletons dad?

He used to be managed by himself and his then-wife. That he was managed by Appleton's dad is news to me. That's besides the point though, paying somebody to do the work for you and being managed by a management company and operating under other contractual obligations tying your hands, and essentially not being in control isn't the situation here.
You cant be fast and loose with your facts then claim its "besides the point" when your called on it. Im not really sure why you replied to me directly in the first place. Ive said nothing to refute or dispute anything you initially said and vise versa but carry on.

I think none of us know what’s going on “for sure” in the Blaze camp so it’s a little premature to judge him on it. It’s easy to sit here and armchair-decide what events seem real and which do not, but we don’t really know.

I have the vinyl and want to clarify some points. The band are properly credited and named in the album. They have not been left out of the writing credits. There’s is not the detail and behind the scenes shots like with the original CD. The cover of the booklet says ‘Blaze Bayley’ but the album cover says ‘BLAZE’.

I have the vinyl and want to clarify some points. The band are properly credited and named in the album. They have not been left out of the writing credits. There’s is not the detail and behind the scenes shots like with the original CD. The cover of the booklet says ‘Blaze Bayley’ but the album cover says ‘BLAZE’.
You're right. I missed the inlay booklet... Never noticed it existed. It has the performance credits. The writing credits were never the issue though. Makes this entire discussion null and void. Some shitty researching on my part.

Shame, Yax. Shame.

Last edited:
I think being visibly credited for your creative work is both a basic courtesy and a moral right.

It's a no-brainer really. If it was Sharon Osbourne doing something like that (which she has done before), we'd rightly be critical of her. No difference with Blaze.

That wasnt the point. No ones disputing Blaze is the source re-releasing his earlier works. Being released by Blaze Bayley isnt the same as "re-released as "Blaze Bayley".

to be fair I haven't seen that myself, when I mentioned in the Greatest Metal Album Cup thread that the early albums were just Blaze I was told that they are now credited to "Blaze Bayley"

Thank you for clarifying that. We can hopefully put all this half cocked conjecture to rest. I finally got around to ordering the album myself over all this. Should have it next week. How does it sound on vinyl?

Back