Blaze Bayley

I see your point - However - The argument that has been made over the years is that joining the releases with eachother overshadowed SM, whereas if it had been released say a month earlier or whatever, it could have generated a much bigger impact (this is assuming Sanctuary had pushed it properly in this instance too). As it was, everybody was taken by the reunion itself.

I've always believed that the best chance for Blaze to have a prosperous solo career would have been if he had gotten a couple of support slots for Maiden, as they cater to the same fanbase.

I think another issue is that SPV was a shit label and couldn't get the album channeled out properly. No other label wanted to give him a record deal either, something he mentions in the re-issue of Silicon Messiah.

I've always believed that the best chance for Blaze to have a prosperous solo career would have been if he had gotten a couple of support slots for Maiden, as they cater to the same fanbase.

I completely agree with that, The Almighty opened for Maiden on the gig I saw on that tour (Slayer also on the bill). That could and should have been Blaze.

They did play Silicon Messiah over the PA though. There was also a free Sanctuary sampler given out at the gig that had Silicon Messiah on it

New album coming in April 21. Looking forward to listening to it.

The Trilogy was good (the 3rd part is weak, the 2nd part is the best and the 1st part is good too), so I expect this new album to be worth the listening. His recent album covers are full fantasy theme. Almost every year Blaze releasing studio album or live album... amazing.

Edit: the album cover is done by Akirant Illustration - they also done other covers for Blaze and every tour poster for Maiden's LOTB tour + NOTD live album cover.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the new album. The last 3 studio albums were very good. The third album is not the best but ‘The Dark Side of Black’ is one of the best songs he has ever done.

Chris Appleton is like a meat grinder with a steady input of Gamma Ray albums, slowly churning out extremely familiar power metal purée.

And I’ve heard much worse singing out of Blaze than this.

I thought the vocals seemed a little low but but that might have been my computer speakers. Looking forward to seeing this one live.

Back