Blaze Bayley

I quite like all three singers, it could be interesting, and Syracuse is only 3 hrs away.

I quite like all three singers, it could be interesting, and Syracuse is only 3 hrs away.
I don't know if you've seen him live before, and if you didn't, I'd certainly recommend it. He's a good showman and does the best songs from his back catalogue and some new ones as well. Although I'm not sure if he'll be doing a shorter set due to the fact that two other guys need to do their sets.

14079999_1260062580693925_8966129418570297721_n.jpg

Blaze posted that on his Facebook and I replied and said to get a hammer and Q-tip ready for when Tate plays and to stay clear of spitting distance.

trinitypromoofficial2016_638.jpg

This reminds me of a Halford-Dickinson-Tate picture. Wasn't that then upcoming project also called Trinity?

EDIT:
No that was The Three Tremors:
fed2ec6ad584afa4a257ce018589a1fd.jpg

Blaze is such a cool, nice person. But man, I find it hard to believe him calling 'Arry a "really generous person" considering the guy wouldn't even change the key of a song for him live so that the vocals actually sounded good.

On his proposed idea of having Iron Maiden play a special show featuring all three singers that have appeared on the band's albums: Blaze, Paul Di'Anno and Bruce Dickinson:

Blaze: "It's mainly for the fans, really. I just think it would be so much fun. And I can imagine the arguments raging afterwards about who's the best singer, just like they've raged for years and years. So I think it would be so much fun. And it's really nice when a band of Maiden's stature, when they go back and do something that is a bit nostalgic. I think fans really enjoy that. So Maiden are moving forward, they're always innovating. The albums that they've done recently have been really good, and they've done some really different things on there. But I think it just would be a lot of fun, when Paul's well enough to do it. I think it would be great. I don't think it will happen. But I would love it to happen."
So would I!! The best cabaret circus ever.

Perhaps not performing with them, but I'd love to see Blaze supporting Maiden (and playing a few songs from his era) on tour.

It definitely feels like Blaze's era has gotten a bit more positive recognition recently. I think more fans are realizing that Maiden's current style really started with The X Factor and now that Bruce is back with 5 albums later there's less bitterness toward it being a lesser version of Maiden.

Blaze is such a cool, nice person. But man, I find it hard to believe him calling 'Arry a "really generous person" considering the guy wouldn't even change the key of a song for him live so that the vocals actually sounded good.

BS. Blaze did botch heavily even his own songs.
Btw, get employed in a small but heavily successful company, and demand they change something crucial, that's been around for 20 years, just so you fit in better. Let's see how it turns out for you.

BS. Blaze did botch heavily even his own songs.
Btw, get employed in a small but heavily successful company, and demand they change something crucial, that's been around for 20 years, just so you fit in better. Let's see how it turns out for you.

No, that's a terrible attitude to have in a band. When you are in a band and you switch lead singers you have two options - make sure you hire someone with the exact same range and ability as your previous singer, or get someone with a different voice and make adjustments accordingly. It's a detriment to both the new singer and the reputation of your band to be unwilling to change tunings/keys.

Well, you can clearly see where terrible attitudes of Steve Harris got him.
And my remark about Blaze stands. All those X Factor songs he praises so much, he botched most of them live. I have every pro recorded audio and video bootleg of two tours in question, because I like both albums and I like Blaze. But he was a limited option taken solely to satisfy Harris's current mood, at the time. He was never Dickinson caliber and he knows it, it was generous of Harris to give gig to Bayley in the first place, and I bet the financial exit package wasn't thin at all. It didn't break Bayleys heart, he came out of it stronger than ever and recorded a great record. Whatever Sanctuary didn't do to promote his career, if it was intentional, was Smallwood's pick. Blaze wasn't good for Maiden's business when he was in Maiden, it's safe to assume that Smallwood wasn't keen of him. So if he holds a grudge it's against Rod, not Steve.

Therefore I fail to see your point in the first place.

Well, you can clearly see where terrible attitudes of Steve Harris got him.
And my remark about Blaze stands. All those X Factor songs he praises so much, he botched most of them live. I have every pro recorded audio and video bootleg of two tours in question, because I like both albums and I like Blaze. But he was a limited option taken solely to satisfy Harris's current mood, at the time. He was never Dickinson caliber and he knows it, it was generous of Harris to give gig to Bayley in the first place, and I bet the financial exit package wasn't thin at all. It didn't break Bayleys heart, he came out of it stronger than ever and recorded a great record. Whatever Sanctuary didn't do to promote his career, if it was intentional, was Smallwood's pick. Blaze wasn't good for Maiden's business when he was in Maiden, it's safe to assume that Smallwood wasn't keen of him. So if he holds a grudge it's against Rod, not Steve.

Therefore I fail to see your point in the first place.

My point is that it does not seem like Steve Harris was a "generous musician" towards Blaze, and thus it comes off as an odd quote from him. I'm not saying I think there's bad blood there, just a ponderous thing to say. My point was exactly what I said.

And Steve's attitude during the 90's got him two albums that are widely panned by the majority of critics and Maiden fans alike.

Back