Blaze Bayley

Yeah major fuck up really. Steve looking for a new singer with his own style and pace, a far cry from who Bruce had been. Yet, not willing/ready/introspective enough to realize that he too had to change up old habits for that to work.

90's general. I... I don't know why I thought this was the 100k thread. -_-

6.jpg

A person posted this on Blaze's facebook page, I think that the artwork looks cool.
Received an email yesterday, saying that my copy had been posted . :)

I had a listen to Promise and Terror for the first time in quite awhile tonight. I must say that this song (as well as Ghost in the Machine and Stare at the Sun from Silicon Messiah) is Blaze at his best. This song is about his wife Debbie, who passed away in 2008.
The Bermudez brothers and Walsh were great.

Obviously his life is alot better now, he has since remarried and have a daughter, and I think he is not as depressed now, so I think he has no reason to write very personal stuff, and therefore decided to go with "space metal" with the new album.

Last edited:
It's ok but the drummer is pretty bad on this track and I'm completely put off by his lack of energy, sound, and the choices of beats and fills.

It's ok but the drummer is pretty bad on this track and I'm completely put off by his lack of energy, sound, and the choices of beats and fills.
This. Song sounds like a demo.

Guitarist and drummer + Iced Earth's current bassist played together in a band called Fury UK which I've seen open for Iced Earth few years ago, they were very very generic. Not really expecting much from them.

Still better than Rico Banderra (Alive in Poland drummer)...

And speaking of drumming, obviously Jeff Singer was an excellent drummer, but I thought that Jason Bowld was really good too, although he only played in the studio with BLAZE. According to the book "At the end of the Day - the story of the Blaze Bayley band" he came in right before the recording session of "Blood and Belief " began and still nailed the songs! I think that the album is amazing, considering the fact that it was recorded and mixed in two weeks.
It's a shame that Andy Sneap is too expensive to hire today, because he always brought the best out of Blaze.

Last edited:

Ok is really a best case for that song ... not that good, pretty generic in fact.

Back