Blaze Bayley

NightProwler666 said:
... 'The Man Who Would Not Die' and 'Promise And Terror'. They are arguably two of the best metal albums I have ever made.

Arguably indeed. :ninja:

Stallion Duck said:
I don't. Why couldn't he get Rod Smallwood as manager? Rod managed Bruce when he left didn't he? (Sorry If I'm wrong) I don't see why he can't manage Blaze.

Blaze never was happy with Smallwood since he left Maiden. The manager might have had a hand in the delaying of his debut album (they made it come out around the same time as Brave New World, something Blaze didn't like because it hardly got any attention like this).

@ Stallion Duck - Yes, Bruce was managed by Rod and Sanctuary throughout the '90s, it's in all the album booklets.

Maybe Blaze was angry at Rod and the band for kicking him out, maybe he simply wasn't willing to have any of them in his life after that, he is a pretty impulsive person who has made a number of not so good career choices. Also, Rod has demonstrated on several occasions that he too can be a cunt.

Blaze was on Sanctuary as well if memory serves me right. Or else my previous post wouldn't make sense.

Oh, sorry, I didn't read your post well enough. I had no idea that he remained under Sanctuary after Maiden. They did a pretty crappy job if that's true.

NightProwler666 said:
"Since Anna [Di Laurenzio, tour manager]

Wait a minute... isn't that the chick who botched up Anvil's tour as seen in their film? If yes, I'm hardly surprised at anything.

on top of that I am expecting my first child to be born in September.

Well, here's a great piece of news!  :ok:

Perun said:
Wait a minute... isn't that the chick who botched up Anvil's tour as seen in their film? If yes, I'm hardly surprised at anything.
Oh yes, she was a bad manager. Part of the reason they never succeeded in the metal world.

I would say that pound for pound, their metal on metal wasn't worth the weight.

Perun said:
I would say that pound for pound, their metal on metal wasn't worth the weight.
I didn't care for their music, but it seemed like a lot of people did.

At least in the beginning. But I would say part of the reason why Anvil never made it big is because their brand of metal was just so... standard. They're not bad, but I have difficulty hearing any real trademarks from them that would make you jump up and say "That's Anvil!" They're that sort of band you hear at a metal club and say "hey this is nice, what's their name?" and have forgotten about two songs later.

Ranko said:
Oh, sorry, I didn't read your post well enough. I had no idea that he remained under Sanctuary after Maiden. They did a pretty crappy job if that's true.

Hmm I think I was wrong, but the story about Maiden releasing their album at the same time as his, I'm not making up. He told it in his biography, I think.

Honestly, I am not sure if it would have mattered if Maiden released their album on the same day and paid retailers not to carry Blaze's album.  No knock on Blaze, but the rock/metal community as a whole was pretty down on him (as was a good chunk of the Maiden fanbase) ... He really had a very limited group of people to sell to at that time (or now for that matter).  I am sure Maiden/Woilfsbane/Blaze  that supported Blaze enough to follow his solo career bought the CD and his sales would have been about the same no matter when BNW came out.

I too don't get why releasing an album at the same time affected Blaze. If you like Blaze you could easily buy both albums.I don't think the album would've done good if it was released on any other day.

Yes, but in the case of Brave New World, it wasn't just "an" album. It was something very special to all Maiden fans, and I would wager that even those people who liked the Blaze albums would have preferred getting the Maiden album over the Blaze one. I mean, we all know how fanatical Maiden fans can be. Just look at The Final Frontier: In my case, for the first three weeks, there was nothing on rotation but that album, even though I had the latest Rock Hard issues and knew there was other stuff out... I just didn't care. Why should it have been any different back in 2000, especially when the band's 'classic' singer had just returned? We need to be realistic here.

OK I guess that is what the majority does. It's too bad though.

Stallion Duck said:
I too don't get why releasing an album at the same time affected Blaze. If you like Blaze you could easily buy both albums.I don't think the album would've done good if it was released on any other day.

For the same reason that you don't release Killzone 3 the same time as Crysis 2. One release will over-shadow the other, your average person is only likely to make one purchase if they feel like buying some music. Especially if one product isn't as famous or well-known.

Perun said:
Yes, but in the case of Brave New World, it wasn't just "an" album. It was something very special to all Maiden fans, and I would wager that even those people who liked the Blaze albums would have preferred getting the Maiden album over the Blaze one. I mean, we all know how fanatical Maiden fans can be. Just look at The Final Frontier: In my case, for the first three weeks, there was nothing on rotation but that album, even though I had the latest Rock Hard issues and knew there was other stuff out... I just didn't care. Why should it have been any different back in 2000, especially when the band's 'classic' singer had just returned? We need to be realistic here.

True, BNW was a huge release for Maiden fans, but I am not sure the choice was really Maiden over Blaze, people could buy both or pick up Blaze next time.  I just do not think he has that big of a market (not a knock on his music, I think that is just reality)

Back