Soundtrack of My Life
The Clansman
Doctor Doctor
Stare At The Sun
----------------
I Like It Hot
The Angel And The Gambler

Source: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22474

The last song sucks, but good set other than that.

Blaze was utterly amazing yesterday. His commanding stage presence and high level energy puts a large bulk of the major acts to shame. The show I saw in 2010, was probably one of the best shows I've been to - The concert attendance was fairly low, but Blaze played like there was no tomorrow. As was the case yesterday. I bought him a couple of beers - He sat in the bar and talked to fans for a good two hours. Class act.

This time, he only played Maiden material (as did Paul), which, if you could label anything about the show as a slight disappointment, this would be it. I freakin' love Blaze's solo stuff. And I actually enjoyed Paul as well, even though he went all "raawherjkgnnfalfakl"rather than pronouncing the actual words half of the time. He's developed pretty damn good falsetto screams. Sad to see him having to walk around, leaning on a cane after the show though.

Blaze anyway. Paul threatened (he waved his fist a bit) to punch people that tried to catch him on the way off the stage. Poor guy, he was ready drop on the floor. Exhausted.

Ok so I finally uploaded the video's I took of the performance in Eskilstuna on March 8, 2013. I apologize in advance for the totally crap audio quality, it may be because of the camera or I wasn't holding it right or something. But at least its some footage for posterity.

Blaze and Paul both only played Maiden songs, which was a bit unfortunate especially in Blaze's case cos he has some great solo stuff, but he performed awesome stuff from The X Factor and Virtual XI so I appreciated it anyway. The awesome part about the show was that it was so easy to get close to the stage and the artist and that afterwards Blaze stayed by the bar and was available for a chat so Yax and I did just that and bought him a beer too I think.
Paul wasn't such a friendly bloke but I was surprised at the quality of his screams, he was vaguely reminiscent of a larger, more frail, Halford. But I don't think he knows the lyrics to most of the songs anymore. It was fun to see him and Blaze singing together during Running Free, that's not something you get to see every day. :)

I ordered the Man Who Would Not Die signed LP from Blaze's site. I have to say it took forever for them to ship it. They would not accept my address, I emailed and they placed the order for me and I paid for it. 2 weeks later, no shipping notification, so I emailed again asking for a status and they finally shipped it. From there, it did arrive pretty quickly. Blaze signed inside the gate folder under himself in the band picture. I will say the quality of the LP (both the album itself and the cover) was quite good.

I also have The Man Who Would Not Die on LP. And CD too. Like the album very much, a real shame they didn't continue as a band - no matter what financial reasons there might have been. Can not quite decide which one I like better, this one or Promise and Terror. One thing is certain to me, while the Sneap produced albums are excellent, these two have something more - a more unique edge to them.

Today, I have lost interest in Blaze due to the whole The King of Metal-album and the statements that came with it. I can not simply defend such statements and such bad decisions - and the production, the production!

FWIW, you can find the acoustic EP on Spotify searching for "Russian Holliday". I listened to Sign of the Cross, interesting, but probably not something I would want to listen to very often.

Interesting EP. The problem is that I like them all quite a bit but Blaze's voice ruins many of them. He just sounds...out of tune and strained. And because he's so high in the mix it's really disturbing. Sign of the Cross was especially interesting for me as a violin player to hear how she dealt with playing the guitar bits. I like some of the effects she used, pretty cool. I think Soundtrack of My Life and Stealing Time worked best as acoustic tracks, Russian Holiday would be great without voice (I think the weird lyrics really kill that one).

Interesting EP. The problem is that I like them all quite a bit but Blaze's voice ruins many of them. He just sounds...out of tune and strained. And because he's so high in the mix it's really disturbing.

Agreed, to an extent. I think that his vocals aren't all that bad, especially on Russian Holiday - some of his finest singing I've heard in a long time. I doubt that it would be much better if he nailed every note, it's really that he's so loud in the mix that does the harm.

In the title track, it's really just the lyrics that bother me. WTF? How dramatic can you be, about a tour in St. Petersburg? :huh: In Stealing Time, I think the chorus kills it. It's a great rendition in total, but the chorus is so out of place - just listen to how much it is in the background in the original. As for Sign of the Cross, if Blaze would just have been a bit lower in the mix, this would be amazing to listen to. He's got two incredible musicians there, he can sing better than ever if he wants to, and I hope he'll keep the collaboration up. This stuff, if done and promoted right, could revitalise his career.

Back