Black Sabbath

New single to be released this Friday: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188733

Hell yes! I can't wait to hear it!

Definitely excited to hear this! I'm a much bigger fan of the Dio-era, but I've recently developed a new-found love for the original lineup's material as well. I don't exactly agree with the whole Bill Ward situation, but I think Brad Wilk will do a good job in his stead.

Anyways, hope the song is great! :biggrin:

4 tour dates have been announced:
Aug. 04 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 14 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Aug. 24 - Seattle, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre
Sep. 03 - Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Sports Arena

SOURCE

From Ozzy's official Facebook:
For the last year and a half I have been drinking and taking drugs. I was in a very dark place and was an asshole to the people I love most, my family. However, I am happy to say that I am now 44 days sober.

Just to set the record straight, Sharon and I are not divorcing. I’m just trying to be a better person.

I would like to apologize to Sharon, my family, my friends and my band mates for my insane behavior during this period………and my fans.

God Bless,

Ozzy
It's an interesting coincidence that it was during the time Black Sabbath was working on the new album.

Caught the last half on the radio coming home, was too meh for me to bother listening to the rest of it.

Listening to it right now. Not ready to comment yet, but from the site:

Reuniting the group’s founding lineup for the first time in 35 years,

It's hard to comprehend how someone can put so much bullshit in 12 words.

Finished listening now. Well... well... ... ... were was the climax the song promised all the time?

Hum hum. A bit of a hit and miss for me but I want to hear it properly instead of some low bit rate stream service . I thought the drums sounded thin on this one. Good things = the last 3 minutes of Sabbath groove. Bad things = the first 6 minutes of uninspired lingering.

I really hope the drums sound better on the album. Really. The snare is too thin and the bass drum sounds flat and muted. Listen to the sound Brad Wilk had with Audioslave or Rage Against... Much, much better than this. Sabbath need a well rounded, huge and organic drum sound. There is no "Oomph" in these drums at all, for lack of a better word.

I hope what makes them sound "computerized" is the bad bit rate or stream. Hope!, hope!, hope! If not then Rick Rubin has done it again...

You mean the obvious drum computer. "features Rage Against The Machine’s Brad Wilk on drums", yeah right.
No, there's a drummer for sure. Gotta agree though, I don't really care for the drum sound either. Mostly the snare, the kick is cool, just a bit too loud in level to my taste. It's Lars Ulrich loud damnit...

I must be the only one who's really loving this! I feel exactly like I'm listening to the first 2 Sabbath albums. I absolutely can't wait to hear the rest!

Back