Best/Worst Production

Prowler_108

Trooper
On a studio album.  Not a poll, I just want to see people's opinions here.
Best: The Number of the Beast, closely followed by Piece of Mind.
Worst: Virtual XI, closely followed by Dance of Death.

Best: Powerslave, Brave New World, Piece Of Mind
Worst: A Matter Of Life And Death, Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier

Best: The Number of the Beast, no competition. I overrate the album because of how good the production is.
Worst: No Prayer and BNW are the only ones that really bothered me, although the debut is a good candidate.

Best : Somewhere In Time
Very good : Seventh Son, Piece Of Mind, Brave New World

Worst : Dance Of Death
Also bad : The X Factor, The Final Frontier.

Note : If TFF had the production quality of ones i mentioned, it would be the best Maiden album ever.

Best: 7th Son (Being a concept album, runs perfectly from start to finish and sounds awesome and unique)

Worst: Killers (Everything is too jumbled up on that album, hard to memorize the track listing from start to finish) & Piece of Mind (I don't know why but that album always sounded rushed to me and didn't seem to flow)

It seems like your a little confused, I'm not asking about what you think the best/worst albums are, but the production.

Edit: Never mind, I see where your coming from.

Best : Somewhere In Time, The X Factor, Piece of Mind, Brave New World

Worst : The two first albums and Virtual XI

I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly. The two Di'anno albums always sounded the best to my ear, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that it was the first Maiden stuff I heard. I've read of Steve's dislike of the first album's production, but for me, it has a visceral quality that was never achieved again. I find the worst production to be in evidence on AMOLAD and TFF. They're two of my favorite albums, but IMHO, could have used tweaking...

taker64 said:
I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly. The two Di'anno albums always sounded the best to my ear, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that it was the first Maiden stuff I heard. I've read of Steve's dislike of the first album's production, but for me, it has a visceral quality that was never achieved again. I find the worst production to be in evidence on AMOLAD and TFF. They're two of my favorite albums, but IMHO, could have used tweaking...

Debut? good production???

:eek:

I always thought Killers destroys it in that case...

Btw, speaking of "Killers" song, The BBC Archives version has different lyrics.

Back