Best Song Contest- Round 3, Part 3- The Grand Final!

Round 3 is looking a bit dull so far, If those two were the top 2 songs of Iron Maiden's first 20 years it is amazing they survived and were able to make a living as professional musicians. I certainly wouldn't have been a fan.
We are only around 30-40 people voting for this contest since it started. When you think that IM has millions of fans around the world, you could have different results in a different situation of course. You may not agree (and that's fine), however I believe they are among the greatest songs if not top 2, for majority of the fans.

We are only around 30-40 people voting for this contest since it started. When you think that IM has millions of fans around the world, you could have different results in a different situation of course. You may not agree (and that's fine), however I believe they are among the greatest songs if not top 2, for majority of the fans.
As far as I understand it, the majority of fans don't like X Factor and would rate it and every song on that album very lowly.

We have Phantom, Revelations, Hallowed, Children of the damned, Where Eagles Dare, To Tame a land, Alexander the Great, Powerslave, 2 minutes, wasted years, Aces high, Duelists, Flash of the blade, No prayer, Remember tomorrow, Prowler, Running Free, Run to the hills. So many great songs, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. And your telling me that the majority of people on this forum prefer Sign of the Cross and Rime?
It's just crazy!!

Anyway. Let's move on.

And your telling me that the majority of people on this forum prefer Sign of the Cross and Rime?
It's just crazy!!

Anyway. Let's move on.
I'm not telling you, this is how the poll resulted. :) And like you, my personal choices would be different as well..

A difficult decision again. Two of Janick's masterpieces. Awesome melodies and solos.

Dance Of Death... by a mile.

Reactions: Eli
Multiple weaker sections? The (great) too long intro? No definite chorus?
The whole part starting with “by luck then a skirmish started and took the attention away from me” is slapdash, and the companion part “when you’re lying in your sleep…” is similarly weak. Bruce also struggles on a number of higher notes in the song.

Yes, the atmosphere is nice, with some great parts and some great transitions, but half the song is that stupid hurried jig with questionable vocals. Lots of missed potential.

I agree with Jer's points, though I'm less troubled by them. Dance of Death is still a fantastic song, but Ghost of the Navigator is just on another level entirely. Top ten track for me, second only to The Book of Souls as Janick's best song.

Reactions: Jer
It was a pleasant surprise for me. Amazing song!

^ True that.
Yeah I really like it, maybe came of to harsh on it haha. But I really love Brave New World and for me its an album filled with amazing songs. And I wanted Nomad or Dream of Mirrors to win there

Yeah I really like it, maybe came of to harsh on it haha. But I really love Brave New World and for me its an album filled with amazing songs. And I wanted Nomad or Dream of Mirrors to win there
Both of those would have given DOD a run for its money in my book, but as it is Ghost is nowhere near DOD. People keep picking the wrong songs (sob, sob)

This one is tough. I love DoD, but Navigator just grows and grows for me, a bit like broad beans. Both quality Gerssongs.

Going for Navigator this time.

Dance of Death has been the winner against Ghost of the Navigator, now let's find out which track will be its rival in the next part...

Still in round 2: Dance of Death, Paschendale, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman, The Book of Souls, Hell on Earth

Already in round 3: Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Sign of the Cross

Paschendale is great, however FTGGOG is a masterpiece, like something out of this world for me.

Back