Best Song Contest- Round 3, Part 3- The Grand Final!

With the least number of participants so far, ROTAM won against Infinite Dreams in the first part of Round 2. We will continue with the 80s again, with a 3-way shoot-out today. I will allow 3 days this time to see if we can get more people involved.

Still in round 2: Phantom of the Opera, Killers, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Caught Somewhere in Time, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, Paschendale, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman, The Book of Souls, Hell on Earth
Well, I didn't notice these threads until now. Someone shifted them to a different part of the forum

This wasn't even hard. Revelations by a very long way.
The whole Somewhere in Time album has shitty tone which really drags it down.
Revelations is terrific, Caught somewhere in time is a song I don't really think about much, I certainly don't have any yearnings for it. It's a good song, but nothing like revelations

Reactions: Eli
This is a very difficult decision, both songs are top-notch -> Caught Somewhere In Time is a great album opener with amazing intro, melodies, verses, solos and drumming/tempo. Revelations is one of the band's best slow songs with beautiful vocals, verses, melodies and instrumental section.

Revelations for me... by a mile.

When I was a teen in the 80s I’d randomly hear Maiden songs on the radio or at friends houses. But as soon as I heard Caught Somewhere in Time I decided to go out and buy their albums.

It’s a beautiful song with a breakneck tempo and some brilliant twists.

I very much like Revelations as well but my vote here goes to CSIT.

Grrr, Revalations wins fair and square and I do very much enjoy that song.

But Caught Somewhere in Time in uniquely special and personal to me.

Sucks to see it bumped.

Reactions: Eli
After a tough competition, Revelations eliminated CSIT and became the last candidate for "the song of the decade". Votes to select the song of the 80s now.

Still in round 2: Hallowed Be Thy Name, Revelations, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, Ghost of the Navigator, Dance of Death, Paschendale, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman, The Book of Souls, Hell on Earth

All 3 are great but I think Rime deserves the title more than the other 2, so it gets my vote here. However my personel selection would be Children of the Damned for the best song of the 80s from Iron Maiden.

Back