Best of the Beast question

Thread bump.

I was today years old when I discovered that the BOTB vinyl has six extra tracks on it.

It also sells for a small fortune on eBay. lineup.jpg

I saw the vinyl box in person at a convention once. RIdiculous prices, but kind of a collector's holy grail IMO with all of the unreleased material and the overall package.

Didn't buy it when it was out, and ended up paying I think, £150 sterling, in the early 2000s for it. It has the signed book that the FC sent out included, so I have two of those, the one in this box and the one the FC sent me.

What's the going rate for it now?

Didn't buy it when it was out, and ended up paying I think, £150 sterling, in the early 2000s for it. It has the signed book that the FC sent out included, so I have two of those, the one in this box and the one the FC sent me.

There are currently 21 on sale at www.discogs.com from £348.94...

On ebay there are several copies, with the cheapest (signed by Bruce) at £499.99.

:oops:

Prices are only going one way, which is mad when you think it's actually a lot easier to pick up these rare things than it was before ebay and discogs and the likes.

BOTB was my first Maiden album. I've owned it twice.

Firstly, the 2CD slipcover edition which I lent to a mate at school who then moved away and took it with him. Bastard.
I then purchased the standard 2CD jewel case version which I later sold as part of my physical media clear out in the early 2010's. Because I am a dumbass.

Over the years I've been steadily buying back most of the shit that I got rid off and building up a decent CD and Vinyl collection. If I decide to get this album again for a third time it'll be the 4LP version.

Still got my 2 cd slip case version on BOTB which I bought back on release day. Still got the sticker on it advertising the computer game melt :bigsmile:

Wish that game had come out rather than the dreadful ed hunter. Even by games standards of the day that game was awful.

Still got my 2 cd slip case version on BOTB which I bought back on release day. Still got the sticker on it advertising the computer game melt :bigsmile:

Wish that game had come out rather than the dreadful ed hunter. Even by games standards of the day that game was awful.

You can imagine how bad Melt must have been for it to be shelved if they ended up releasing Ed Hunter instead!

I (perhaps foolishly) sold my quad vinyl to a friend for $300 a couple years ago. Funny story, I ordered it initially from a record store. Got there, and the guy at the counter was like, "yeah, the cellophane was like that when it got here." And, funnily enough, it was carefully ripped open on the side where you can pull out the book and vinyls. I was planning on opening it anyway, but still kind of annoying to have it pawed through by the clerks before I could even do so.

Now I just have the quad vinyl setlist as a playlist on my iPod and play that when I want a listen, expanded with what I imagine they'd have put on there in the years since all the way up to Senjutsu.

:oops:

Prices are only going one way, which is mad when you think it's actually a lot easier to pick up these rare things than it was before ebay and discogs and the likes.

It's also easier to see now what an item went for before. Nobody needs to wonder anymore whether the item they have could sell for 50, 100, 150... they just look it up online and adjust their prices.

yeah first maiden album as well on cd with a golden discs voucher for xmas back in about 99 as a young metalhead...double disc version..i detest 'best of's' with a passion now but for some reason the tracklist on this and thin lizzy's best of i absolutely love and still pull out every now and again

Back