BEST BAND EVER: Results!

However, as with all of Van Halen, he slid into mediocrity once DLR left and did nothing of note for like 35 years.
I disagree with this as a whole, other than the fact that Van Halen after 1995 is just years of disappointments and missed opportunities. Alex’s playing on the Hagar albums really helped make that music a cut above the typical generic AOR stuff. He’s got some really good grooves on songs like Right Now and The Seventh Seal.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 122:
Alex Van Halen
Simon O'Laoghaire

Promoted after Round 122:
Ed Warby
Jörg Michael

Frost (1349, SATYRICON)
vs.
Neil Peart (RUSH)

Baard Kolstad (BORKNAGAR, LEPROUS)
vs.
Jörg Michael (RUNNING WILD, SAXON, STRATOVARIUS)

Just mulling over the other pair first

Kolstad has a lot in his arsenal. But I really like what Michael contributes to the music. Going for Michael again.

Last edited:
Pity vote for Frost. Well, I actually like Satyricon way more than Rush, and Frost is still awesome, so not that much of a pity vote.

And also Jörg Michael wins on pure consistency and quantity because I only really like two albums with Baard.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 123:
Frost
Baard Kolstad

Promoted after Round 123:
Neil Peart
Jörg Michael

Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, NIRVANA)
vs.
Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD)

Ian Paice (DEEP PURPLE)
vs.
Mario Duplantier (GOJIRA)

Man, hate to vote against Paice and Grohl but I have no choice.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 124:
Dave Grohl
Ian Paice

Promoted after Round 124:
Gene Hoglan
Mario Duplantier

Charlie Benante (ANTHRAX)
vs.
Richard Christy (CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, CONTROL DENIED, DEATH)

Fredrik Andersson (AMON AMARTH)
vs.
Phil Collins (solo, GENESIS)

I agree, but you're barking up the wrong tree - I think I probably haven't seen such a landslide here so far. Only one vote for Andersson and Brigs surely clicked that one by mistake.

I'm pretty pleased with that, because - despite his infamy in general, especially concerning the 80's - Collins was a really kick-ass prog drummer. One of the very best, in fact. And self-taught at that! Just sitting with his self-made drumkit with his family in the house, playing along to the TV shows... like seriously, that guy deserves every fucking cent he made off Sussudio. 'Cause they wouldn't pay him enough for the early Genesis stuff, that's for sure.

Benante is good, but Christy is way better and way more versatile.

Metal bias in the 2nd pair. Collins was good... but way overhyped. Can't believe he eliminated Martin Lopez. Fredrik crushes.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 125:
Charlie Benante
Fredrik Andersson

Promoted after Round 125:
Richard Christy
Phil Collins

Dave Lombardo (SLAYER)
vs.
Mikkey Dee (KING DIAMOND, MOTÖRHEAD, SCORPIONS)

Danny Carey (TOOL)
vs.
Nick Mason (PINK FLOYD)

Back