Beast Over Hammersmith 1982

The liner notes from Beast over Hammersmith CD version in Eddie’s archive was clearly written mid-tour 1982, so I think Beast over Hammersmith (full show) was supposed to be released on VHS before Christmas 1982. But it was canceled due to poor quality for the video
The first news about the release was given by Bruce in IMFC Magazine No. 2 (March 1982). Then Clive announced in IMFC Magazine No. 3 (May 1982) that they were still working on it. And finally, in November 1982, by means of IMFC Magazine No. 4 the band announced that due to problems that couldn't be fixed during the editing the video had been postponed indefinitely.

Believe it or not, the actual full show did get released in a pre-production state (meaning it never went into the shops) and in the early days of bootleging it was possible to find the full show on video in B&W, I suppose, taken from the pre-production tape I mentioned.

Another interesting fact is that the cover for the tape changed, from just a shot of the band at Oxford's New Theatre (March 9, 1982) Taken by Robert Ellis, to a drawing Derek Riggs did, which showed Eddie above the Hammersmith Odeon. The latter made it (half of it anyway) to some magazines and to this date no one knows what happened to the full artwork.

I never knew that, thanks for the info... ;)

... also it's annoys me every time when I watch a concert of Maiden on YouTube where during the solo for a song (whenever is played by Adrian, Dave or Janick) the camera does not show the guitar player ! - every show from Rock am Ring where is shown on some TV programme does that, also on Ullevi and Dortmund '83 has this kind of moments.
If you pay attention to the rant that Bruce says at the end of Killers in this show, you will hear him saying that Adrian is "trussed up like a chicken". Also, in the vinyl release of the Beast Over Hammersmith album, Steve comments that one mystery from the live album is that Bruce mentions Adrian having hurt his ribs and that although he remembers Smith having bandages on his ribs, he can't remember why.

The first news about the release was given by Bruce in IMFC Magazine No. 2 (March 1982). Then Clive announced in IMFC Magazine No. 3 (May 1982) that they were still working on it. And finally, in November 1982, by means of IMFC Magazine No. 4 the band announced that due to problems that couldn't be fixed during the editing the video had been postponed indefinitely.

Believe it or not, the actual full show did get released in a pre-production state (meaning it never went into the shops) and in the early days of bootleging it was possible to find the full show on video in B&W, I suppose, taken from the pre-production tape I mentioned.

Another interesting fact is that the cover for the tape changed, from just a shot of the band at Oxford's New Theatre (March 9, 1982) Taken by Robert Ellis, to a drawing Derek Riggs did, which showed Eddie above the Hammersmith Odeon. The latter made it (half of it anyway) to some magazines and to this date no one knows what happened to the full artwork.
So is there a bootleg of the full thing somewhere

Thanks for this curious info. I hope someday we can see the rest 5 songs on video (Another Life, Killers, Transylvania, Phantom Of The Opera and Prowler).
Can we see the original artwork?

Thanks for this curious info. I hope someday we can see the rest 5 songs on video (Another Life, Killers, Transylvania, Phantom Of The Opera and Prowler).

Can we see the original artwork?
Beast Over Hammersmith Video Ad.jpg This comes from a small ad in a video magazine from 82, but I saw the full artwork 20 years or so ago. Also, Keith Wilfort himself confirmed that under Eddie, the Hammersmith Odeon was drawn... Some collectors (as well as myself) are trying to find the original artwork but to this day no luck

If it was, he’d already had offered. Should be evident after the last round of ”share, please”.
Not necessarily, sometimes I chose with whom I share certain things. It all comes to showing respect and kindess, or what I consider, an example to other fans. I can assure that Samantha already has various options to get the bootleg

Reactions: Yax
Back