Band Members Favorite Maiden Albums?

@Jer, I respect your opinion. But I regret to inform you that you're insane.
Yes, and so was Copernicus, as far as the majority was concerned. :cool:
Well, JerJer buddy - I don't know what to say. You have lost your marbles for sure.
Kind of surprised you think so, buddy — Di’anno sounds loads better on many other songs for sure. Maybe if he cut a “Charlay” version of “Phantom Of The Opera” I’d like it better... :huh:

EDIT: Oh wait, he already did:
Only slightly better, I’m afraid...

Last edited:
Quotes by Steve from Mick Wall's commentary on the 1998 remaster of Seventh Son:
There are some albums, no matter how hard you try or how good they are, they just don't seem to have that same magic that some other albums have. Then there are those you record when, almost without trying, somehow you come up with an album that has all the magic in the world and, for reasons of its own almost, it just becomes one of the best things you've ever done. Well, that's what Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is to me – simply one of the best albums this band has ever done. Maiden has done since then albums that I think are as good as Seventh Son... – for instance, I'd put The X Factor in the same bracket – but I don't think we've done one yet that's actually better.
For me, it was the best album we'd done since Piece Of Mind.
Which leads me to believe this and The X Factor are his top favorites, with Piece of Mind coming in a close third place. Despite being an interview from 20 years ago, I doubt these 3 albums would go anywhere for him.

If everyone loves The X Factor so much then hopefully this means they won't be cutting SOTC from the set next year.

Someone from the band I think said the set will change a couple songs this next year.

Well I think it's pretty clear that none of them seem to like Somewhere in Time.

I know they all really like A Matter of Life and Death. That's why they played the whole thing live.

Steve puts Somewhere in Time and Piece of Mind at his top. They just don't like the way they came out live. They could never recreate the studio sound live. Interviews of Steve stating this are on youtube. Even during Seventh Son tour.

In the tablature book for the first four albums, Steve mentions "Phantom of the Opera" and "To Tame a Land" as the songs of which he is the proudest.

That's true. Steve also said that his favorite live songs are HBTN and TETMD. About the other band members favorite songs - I remember reading an interview in which Janick pointed out COTD, SSOASS and DLTTEOAS as his three favorite songs. Bruce likes HBTN and ROTAM (the latter is his favorite live song... he said that in Flight 666 documentary, if I'm not mistaken). Adrian's favorite solos are in TWM and TOAC. Nicko probably likes the most WED. Dave, he likes all songs. I think we can say that HBTN is the favorite song of the whole band.

HBTN -- TETMD. -- COTD, SSOASS -- DLTTEOAS -- HBTN and ROTAM --TWM and TOAC. -- WED. -- HBTN

I'm usually good at figuring out these abbreviations, but I had to give that bolded one a few thoughts... Well Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger doesn't get this treatment too often.

Back