Back in the Village

How good is Back in the Village on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I really love that intro riff, and so what if the lyrics aren't the greatest in the world? The worst part of the song is the chorus, but I think the instrumental section helps set the scene of the song. They aren't the most memorable solos, but it does add to the song (kinda like the Infinite Dreams solo). 8/10 from me.

5 out of 10... As much as I like The Prisoner (the song and the T.V. show), this song pretty much left me cold from the first time I heard it, and it never grew on me. It gets skipped regularly...

Some people don't like Bruce in the early nineties, but this bleating way of singing I really find way more annoying, especially in the chorus. Definitely the weakest song of the album.

That was the negative part. The beautiful Dave Murray solo (what a sound!) and the great bass patterns drag it up to a 7.

10/10, From the outset I've got to say it possible to sum this song up in two words " Infectious groove". Also it has to be said "fucking fantastic guitar work, first class". It has got stiff competition on what is a completely flawless album. I know this is an obvious compliment to bestow on such a monumental album such as powerslave, nevertheless... it is the truth.

This song was a bit hard to rate. When I first heard powerslave I loved it, but since then I am not a big fan. 7/10

8. I used to like this a lot more before. Along with FOTB this was one of the first Powerslave tracks I heard. Still a 8, Not as good as The Prisoner, but sequels suck (or in this case, not just as good as the original), end of story.

I like this one more than other Fillerslave fillers, mostly due to that frantic riff of H's. Nice rocking track, again an unattractive lyrical theme for myself, but packed with energy. 7.

I love this song, underrated and the screaming wailing opening guitar seals if for me. 10/10

As I listened again recently and singing along the lyrics came pouring out instinctively after all these years.

I only just now felt this song to be about Vietnam and the returning soldiers issues with shellshock and the way they were treated and how they treated the villages during that horrific war. Burning , killing of innocents etc....

8/10

I'm not fond of the chorus at all, and I'm not sure whether it was necessary to do another song about The Prisoner, but I think everything else about this tune rocks. The guitar intro is outrageous, especially the cheeky squealie at 0:11. I also like the sleazy chord riffs at 2:58. This clearly isn't Maiden at full strength, but there's still a lot to enjoy here.

Back