Anyone thirsty for some Trooper?

I've lowered myself again by reading comments on Blabbermouth, but sometimes you hit some hilarious wording.

This time it's a reaction to someone who calls Trooper ale "piss in a bottle", "complete trash", demanding "an apology for this shit from Iron Maiden".

Here goes:
"Not sure what you've been drinking but obviously not Trooper. Mind you, you're from the US so beer and piss are one and the same. Real beer is a bit like real cheese in the US, there's no such thing!"

I don't even like beer and don't know jack about it but just hearing Bruce talk is interesting enough to watch the whole video for me.

So, Sweden's Systembolaget got their own label in line with the regulations in the alcohol law. (Depictions of violence is prohibited in the marketing of alcohol, so they had to change the label to only showing the face of Eddie, otherwise it is the same picture - just zoomed.)

The bad news? A 50cl bottle of Trooper is nearly £2,50. I buy one bottle at special occassions only... (I do think it is a good beer.)

The bad news? A 50cl bottle of Trooper is nearly £2,50.

Sounds pretty damn cheap to me depending on where its from. At a supermarket I'd expect them to be cheaper, but at a pub/bar, most pints here are £3 or more, a bottle of cider costs me anywhere from £3.20 to £3.65 depending on the make.

Sounds pretty damn cheap to me depending on where its from. At a supermarket I'd expect them to be cheaper, but at a pub/bar, most pints here are £3 or more, a bottle of cider costs me anywhere from £3.20 to £3.65 depending on the make.

Sweden has alcohol monopoly, all beverages above 3,5% are sold exclusively at Systembolaget, operated by the government. No Trooper at supermarkets here. At a bar or restaurant a bottle of Trooper is somewhere around £6 I guess.

Back