Any televised show(s) from the first leg of TFF tour?

This is the setlist we got in Dallas and as I mentioned, BTATS and Paschendale were swapped out right after. It is still a good setlist, but I would like to hear the TFF songs live as well. I am hoping on the next US tour with more new material that they do it after the new album is released and play a few TFF songs

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
El Dorado
(Live Premiere)
Paschendale
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
(Dedicated to Ronnie James Dio)
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

I was lucky enough to see this tour in Illinois, and I loved the setlist. Sadly, we were later in the tour and got Wrathchild and Dance of Death, but it was still amazing. I was happy to hear anything from AMOLAD or DOD. Also, Ghost of the Navigator was worth the whole night alone.

Ghost of Navigator was awesome ... I would rather that stayed in the setlist instead of Blood Brothers.

There's a pretty fantastic bootleg of the San Antonio show floating around, probably on Youtube as well. And it includes Paschendale!

I felt so lucky to see the band in 2010, even thought the setlist was completely lost on better part of us Americans. Gustav Holst's Mars... The Bringer of War into The Wicker Man was always my dream set opener, and the similarities of the first three songs to Rock in Rio was great! Although I probably would've switched DoD, Wildest Dreams and No More Lies for Paschendale, Rainmaker and Journeyman, it was still a smashing set. Definitely deserving of a DVD release, although that's definitely NOT happening. I'll never understand why they feel the need to only release DVDs that have The Trooper, Two Minutes, FOTD, NOTB and RTTH on them every single time.

I'll never understand why they feel the need to only release DVDs that have The Trooper, Two Minutes, FOTD, NOTB and RTTH on them every single time.

Because of the audience reaction. The crowd singing along to "Fear of the Dark" (and other songs) on Rock in Rio makes it one of the greatest Maiden recordings of all time. It's no secret that a lot of Maiden fans get pissy when they do new album tours.

Please note, this is just my attempt at understanding their reasoning. I love the new album tours, and I am still quite bummed that we don't have a live album from the AMOLAD tour.

Whilst I wouldn't mind a live album from AMOLAD tour either, there is already SO many Maiden live albums... it gets a bit saturated. I can understand the DVD's more, because you get the visual spectacle too.. but the live CD's get excessive. Likewise with the compilations.

Very true. But Maiden are the kings of "more is more." It's just odd to have so many live CDs/DVDs from recent years, but none of them have AMOLAD material on them. I'd be happy with a DVD, CD, or both.

Because of the audience reaction. The crowd singing along to "Fear of the Dark" (and other songs) on Rock in Rio makes it one of the greatest Maiden recordings of all time. It's no secret that a lot of Maiden fans get pissy when they do new album tours.

Please note, this is just my attempt at understanding their reasoning. I love the new album tours, and I am still quite bummed that we don't have a live album from the AMOLAD tour.
I completely understand as well, but there has to be some sort of balance struck regarding these "classics". Plus, I'm sure they know that there are still tons of us out there that would buy a DVD without a few of the 7 or 8 staple rotation tunes on them. In fact, maybe we'd be more likely to. A more comprehensive live catalogue surely suits what is undoubtedly the best live band on the planet, regardless of the presence of hit songs in a given setlist.

Back