Any televised show(s) from the first leg of TFF tour?

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
As the subject says, have there been any televised shows (or decent quality video bootlegs) from the first leg of The Final Frontier tour, i.e. the leg that basically consisted of 2000s material plus El Dorado?

Don't know about televised shows but I remember the HD videos from the pit @ the opening night in Dallas as being all the rage when they saw the light of day. Maybe You'll enjoy em. Just search for Dallas 2010 HD or something on YouTube :)

I was at that show .. which turned out to be a great one ... BTATS instead of Wrathchild and Passchendaele instead of Dance of Death were played .. though I would have been cool with Dance of Death as well. I think this was the only (or one of two or three) shows where that was the setlist.

It was also one of the few total surprise shows for me in the internet era being the first of the tour. Had no clue what they were going to play, what the stage would look like, the Eddies, etc

Very nice bearfan!

I remember that the stage show and especially the light show as being particularly amazing on that tour. Also great that they decided to focus so much on 2000s material, a bit of a chance to take, especially in some US cities.

I was happy with it because I really like the 2000s material and I heard a few songs live for the first time and most for only the 2nd time .. and there was very little overlap fro the previous tour.

My complaint is that we have yet to hear anything from TFF except El Dorado

Nope, they toured the US before the album was released. When they went on the Euro-South American part of the tour, they did stop and play 2 dates in the US that had the same setlist Europe got for TFF tour.

This is the setlist we got in Dallas and as I mentioned, BTATS and Paschendale were swapped out right after. It is still a good setlist, but I would like to hear the TFF songs live as well. I am hoping on the next US tour with more new material that they do it after the new album is released and play a few TFF songs

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
El Dorado
(Live Premiere)
Paschendale
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
(Dedicated to Ronnie James Dio)
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

That's a gutsy set list. I probably would have found it a bit too 00 heavy since that's not my favorite era. On the other hand the 2006 show I went to was one of the best so who knows!

Yeah..Will be interesting to see which TFF song they choose to play again in the future...I'm thinking Coming Home perhaps...

Yea tons of people were bitching about that setlist. I loved it, since last time I saw them on a non-history tour, Dance Of Death wasn't even out yet. So the majority of the what they played were songs I hadn't heard live.

I'm a big fan of the reunion material so I would've loved to see that setlist, hard to choose between Pasch/DoD as DoD is higher in my rankings but I think Pasch would just be the definition of epic.

I can understand the frustration of no TFF material though, not because it wasn't there but because the rest of the tour it was. That's one bonus to them rarely changing their setlists night to night I guess, no one gets disappointed that they didn't get a song another city did... but on the other hand, it's nice to have some variance.

I wasn't disappointed that we only got one TFF song. I mean, the album wasn't even out yet, getting to hear just one song early was really cool. I'd also take the 2010 setlist over the 2011 setlist any day. 2011 kinda sucked IMO.

I wasn't disappointed that we only got one TFF song. I mean, the album wasn't even out yet, getting to hear just one song early was really cool. I'd also take the 2010 setlist over the 2011 setlist any day. 2011 kinda sucked IMO.

I would have preferred a combo of the two ... toss out the classic in the 2011 setlist with TFF songs. After watching videos of Talisman live, I really wished I could have seen that myself

Talisman would've been cool yea. None of my favorite songs from TFF got played live anyway, so it doesn't bug me that all I got to see was El Dorado.

I was upset Avalon did not make the set list, but the ones they played looked like they went over well

After watching videos of Talisman live, I really wished I could have seen that myself
Same here - I didn't want to go to the second leg of the tour because I considered it to be a pretty lousy setlist, but after watching En Vivo I was really sorry I missed The Talisman live. But I'm sure they'll play it on future tours because it's a great live number.

Also - in the original post I was thinking specifically of televised shows like Ullevi. I guess there were none on that tour. The YouTube video posted by SixesAllTheWay is not what I exactly had in mind, but thanks anyway!

I know it wasn't what you had in mind but since you mentioned also looking for "decent quality video bootleg" footage the Dallas one sprung to mind as being some of the best I've seen from that leg of the tour...:)

It's possible that some TV stuff exists though, just as a track or two or from TV reports etc.

Back