Am I the only One Who thinks LOTF sung by Bruce sucks ?

Bruce sounded SO damn good on the 2018 shows that it’s absolutely baffling they didn’t release a live album from that leg of the tour.

And DOTR is weird because, while Bruce is sick, he gets better as the album goes on, instead of getting worse. He hits some piercing high notes later on that album without sounding strained.

It’s been years since I first heard the version on Death on the road, but I remember I don‘t like the parts where Bruce goes up during the chorus. So yes, I don’t like Bruce’ version

On DOTR they play the harmony once without Bruce, twice with him (the "oooh" part), then the chorus in the lower octave and finally the high octave.

On this video they play the harmony once without Bruce, then he sings the "oooh" part once and then he goes into the lower octave of the chorus. You can see how bewildered he is, which is quite hilarious.

Bruce and Blaze have different strengths. Bruce's voice has this raw emotion to it, due in no small part to his range, and so he brings that to Lord of the Flies. Blaze's voice has more grit and passion, and that's what he brings. Just like Sign of the Cross, I can't choose between Bruce or Blaze's version of Mr Fly Lord. They're both extremely well done.

Once my friend (who isn't into rock or metal music but is familiar with Maiden thanks to me) asked me why do people bash Blaze so much.
So I've put on Lord of the Flies, album version with Blaze.
Then I've put Lord of the Flies, live 2004 with Bruce.
His reaction: "Oh, so that's whyyyyyyy...."

Back