Albums by current Iron Maiden members - an overview

I finally updated the list. See opening post. Click on the image for larger picture.

I added the Gillan albums, Double Trouble and Magic. I decided againt adding the English version of the Trust album. Same music, at least the drums are the same, but rest sounds the same as well. I also decided against adding Survivors. Yes, Bruce did his thing on the finished and released songs and I'm very happy to have learned that he did them all, but that recording project never materialized as a new released stand-alone album. The songs with his vocals popped up (irregularly: the amount of such songs differed per release) as bonus tracks on re-released versions of the original album (the first recordings with Paul Samson on vocals) which remains the one and only original album. Plus I feel
It is not the same as an album with new songs. The creation/writing aspect (the most important one) isn't there. [..] These kind of releases might fit better in complete discographies but this overview might be about doing something (right in) one time.

Last edited:
@lira I do not think this is true. The drums sound and are exactly the same. Just listen e.g. to

Every hit, every detail. The same. I am mighty curious to know where you got that view that all was recorded. It's simply not true.

You're absolutely right. It took some time to answer because, first, I had to listen every bit of them again, second I knew Bernie (or Moho) said they always recorded 2 albums each time: the original and its english version. In my annotations I had that Nicko recorded Marche Ou Creve when he rejoined the band in 1981 and shortly before he left he recorded Savage. So my fault!

Digging into Discogs I found this:

Marche Ou Creve
Recorded at Polar Studio, Stockholm, from July 15th to August 25th, 1981.

Savage
Recorded at Polar Studios, Stockholm, Sweden from July 15 to August 25, 1981.
Mixed at Battery Studio, London from September 7 to 21, 1981.

And that's what you hear in Savage: a mixed album with rerecorded vocals.
Repression, the same thing.
Man's Trap has different drumming.

And a different drummer. :)
(I thought that would be Clive as well, although I never check these albums)

After Clive, they worked with Thierry Dutru for a while and then with Fred Medjane, who recorded Man's Trap. Only then they started the "Les 100 Jours Tour"

Updated. It has been 2 years since the previous update. Unfortunately no Maiden album, but still another album nonetheless.
The Burning ended a record 4 year stretch (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019) of doing nothing musically (studio album output wise, in or outside Maiden).

Last edited:
Back