album review

Perun said:
This thread is still annoying.

Hey, Per, we all need entertainment some time :D

And not to put too fine a point on it, punkrocker, most of the time you'll see us pass over basic spelling errors.  However, in the past few weeks there has been a large influx of consistently illiterate n00bs who insist on posting the most inane and banal posts and comments.  Mav's Commentary was written largely in criticism of them...however, I feel that if you are going to be so critical of what was clearly intended as a joke, you could at least avoid being hypocritical.  Still, don't let our pickiness reflect on the normal running of this forum-provided you're not another newbie who posts twice to say 'OMG AMOLAD is teh r0xxx0r!' and then dissapears, you'll enjoy your time here.  No hard feelings. ;)

i don't understand the whole thread for 100% because i'm german. can somebody explain me in simple words? i only understand that someone criticised the way the commentary of the album was written and i totally agree with that. and the next question is, if somebody is planning to write this comment again in the way the comments were written before? otherwise it makes no fun to read it...

sorry for my questions and before you say i'm too stupid remember it's not my natural language ;)

thanks für the help

Steve Yzerman said:
thanks für the help
Come on, I bet you're a hockey fan from Canada...  :lol: (I love the new smiley set, btw)

And yes, somebody is planning to write the commentary in the way the previous commentaries were written...

Serratia said:
Come on, I bet you're a hockey fan from Canada...  :lol: (I love the new smiley set, btw)

And yes, somebody is planning to write the commentary in the way the previous commentaries were written...

=) i'm a hockey fan... but i'm from germany! but it's really nice that you think my english is that good ;) sometimes i have problems to understand ironic comments in english and in my mind there are some comments here in this thread which doesn't really mean what they say...

but thank you very much for the info that the comment will be rewritten! i'm looking forward to it...

Perun said:

you see? that shows that i'm german... ;)

of course i wanted to say: thanks fOr your help... in german "for" is like "für"

No problem. Datts vatt vie are dere für. :D

In other words: Wilkommen an Bo(a)rd ;)

Smilies are back? Why can't I see them? All I see (and ever saw on this board) are "missing picture" blocks.

my smile will be back on that day the commentary is written as the ones before ;)

Anomica said:
That's absolutely right, the comma puts a small pause in and that's my point in throwing in a word like that in the sentence "...but still [pause] you're pretty harsh..."

Thanks for correcting me, Albie -_-
Just re-read that post - 'twas Raven I was correcting, not your good-self. Read my post again and Raven's response. ;)

:uhm: I still can't seem to be able to see those smilies everyone is referring to, including the great favorite: :huh:

P.S. Wow, the minute I posted that I could see the smilies. Disregard the above post then please. :blush:

I can't believe I just  read this whole thread.  It is was unusually captivating...  The commentary on A Matter of Life and Death really pissed me off at first.  I was thinking Armageddon has come upon us now that Maverick has started typing like this!  I'm so glad it was just a joke. ::)

Natalie said:
:uhm: I still can't seem to be able to see those smilies everyone is referring to, including the great favorite: :huh:

P.S. Wow, the minute I posted that I could see the smilies. Disregard the above post then please. :blush:

Your wish is my command: Your post is disregarded. :p

Natalie said:

Well I still can't see them.  What's wrong?

Back