Album rankings per person

Re: The 1980s - album rankings per person

I've completed my ranking of the debut album. 8.333333333 :D

Cheers mate, I'dd add this one.
One thing: I ended up with 8,22 -> 8,2 (not 8,3)

You're probably right, Foro, I did it in a bit of a rush.

Re: 1980-1990 - album rankings per person

Foro, please, recount my votes on my missing albums ratings (the only ones complete are The Number Of The Beast and Piece Of Mind). I'll add my votes here to make it easier for you (the votes numbers are in the albums track lists' orders):

Iron Maiden (1980) - 9,7,8,10,10,10,7,8 (Sanctuary: 7)

Killers (1981) - 10,10,9,7,9,10,9,10,9,8 (Twilight Zone: 8 )

Powerslave (1984) - 10,7,9,10,10,9,10,10

Somewhere In Time (1986) - 10,8,10,8,10,10,8,10

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (1988) - 8,10,9,10,10,9,10,9

No Prayer For The Dying (1990) - 8,9,7,10,9,8,8,9,4,8

Thanks mate, but would you please add all rankings in the posts as well, in the song topics.
That's the place where it is meant to happen and this way the whole thing stays in sync.

I don't mind the extra work (I control all posts anyhow), hope you don't as well. Much appreciated and thanks in advance.  :ok:

Forostar said:
Thanks mate, but would you please add all rankings in the posts as well, in the song topics.
That's the place where it is meant to happen and this way the whole thing stays in sync.

I don't mind the extra work (I control all posts anyhow), hope you don't as well. Much appreciated and thanks in advance.  :ok:

Foro, now all albums has comments of mine with all the ratings. Now, you can recount the missing albums and give the final ranking on them all. Thanx a lot, mate. :edmetal:

You thanks a lot!

Added you, plus NightProwler666 and Zare's NPFTD.

Re: 1980-1992 - album rankings per person

I think I'm now caught up on FOTD, Forostar...very interesting rankings... :ok:

Hi taker, looking forward to add you, but I think you haven't done Chains of Misery yet.

Hmmm, I'm surprised to see my average rank is lower for NPFTD than for FOTD. As I've stated, I like NPFTD better as an album. I guess the three 4s I gave to FOTD songs don't pull the average down as much as they pull down the overall impression of the album.

Be Quick Or Be Dead: 7
From Here To Eternity: 6
Afraid To Shoot Strangers: 8
Fear Is The Key: 1
Childhood's End: 6
Wasting Love: 7
The Fugutive: 7
Chains Of Misery: 1
The Apparition: 1
Judas Be My Guide: 7
Weekend Warrior: 4
Fear Of The Dark: 10

Average: 5,42

Thanks Black_Thunder, but would you please post it in the topic? Cheers~!

Eddies Wingman said:
Hmmm, I'm surprised to see my average rank is lower for NPFTD than for FOTD. As I've stated, I like NPFTD better as an album. I guess the three 4s I gave to FOTD songs don't pull the average down as much as they pull down the overall impression of the album.

Keep in mind that you rated some songs exceptionally low on NPFTD*, and on the other hand some very high on FOTD.
Despite this, "somehow" FOTD does not give you a better impression than NPFTD.

Maybe the amount of negativity on FOTD prevailed in your impression, even if you find some songs better than on NPFTD, and even though the dislike-intensity is worse on NPFTD.

Actually, I'm glad that you're surprised. This is a new (or alternative) way of looking at it, and it can make people wonder.  :)

"Wisdom begins in wonder" - Socrates ;)

*edit: I'm wrong, I thought you gave a three for one of those but that isn't the case.

Forostar said:
"Wisdom begins in wonder" - Socrates ;)

I live by that. After all, I am a researcher  :p

I think the reason why I rate FOTD lower than NPFTD as an album, is that FOTD has got more songs that I would hardly ever listen to. But actually, it also has got more songs that I listen to frequently, compared to NPFTD. I did give a fair number of 8s and 9s on FOTD, after all.

Eddies Wingman said:
I think the reason why I rate FOTD lower than NPFTD as an album

You didn't. :p  (but I know what you mean)

Eddies Wingman said:
, is that FOTD has got more songs that I would hardly ever listen to.

Yeah, that's what I meant with amount of negativity.

Eddies Wingman said:
But actually, it also has got more songs that I listen to frequently, compared to NPFTD. I did give a fair number of 8s and 9s on FOTD, after all.

Yes, and I guess that when you compared these (at least up til this ranking, and maybe still), the negative aspects were dominant.
Black_Thunder said:
Afraid To Shoot Strangers: 8

Please post this also in the topic. Thanks in advance.

I just completed Fear of the Dark. 7,8 I believe. It's too high FotD doesn't deserve it but whatever.

Back