Album rankings per person

Mosh

Powerslave
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

And me. I'm interested to see how it ranks in my top 15.
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

During some moments I like the vocals on TXF and VXI more than on various moments on the two preceding albums, but during other moments I find them infinitely worse, by a 1000 miles. I do mention the good, the bad and the ugly.

I also find Bruce's vocals bad in e.g. Chains of Misery. I don't let it unmentioned.
 

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

That was never in doubt.

What's in doubt was you recognizing that other people's criticisms were voiced. Which they were. Ad nauseum, in some cases.
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I wonder if you guys find it sad that the Maiden camp doesn't have this same appreciation, in 2011, 12 years after Blaze left.

That new best of album, which focuses on pre-Blaze era, the Blaze-era, and the post-Blaze era, doesn't contain a single song with Blaze on vocals.
 

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

Forostar said:
That new best of album, which focuses on pre-Blaze era, the Blaze-era, and the post-Blaze era, doesn't contain a single song with Blaze on vocals.

There's so much wrong with that release that I can't even be bothered with that particular fact anymore.
 

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I was the first to point it out in the appropriate thread. I find it very disappointing.

However, as someone said, this is an EMI release, so I imagine they picked the track list. I wonder if Steve would have done the same.
 

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

LooseCannon said:
However, as someone said, this is an EMI release, so I imagine they picked the track list. I wonder if Steve would have done the same.

I don't even care. It's another cash-in release like Somewhere Cash in Time, The €$$entia£, Edward the Unnecessary, and whatever else they threw at the sheep flock that will buy anything with the name Iron Maiden on it lately. Ooh, it's got a rare track. Like anybody who will actually buy this thing and care won't already have that somewhere. And then they post that abominable artwork big on their website like it was something to be proud of.

I don't think the band even care, and maybe they don't even know of this release. They're in Colombia right now or wherever playing to their fans to make us proud while their management are doing everything to make us feel ashamed of being Maiden fans.

I'm a Maiden fan because I like the music. I listen to it and decide if I like it or not, and most of the time I do. I don't care if my taste is politically correct or not, or whether my preference in individual songs and performances offends somebody or not. I like what I like, why do I need to justify it?
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

Perun said:
There's so much wrong with that release that I can't even be bothered with that particular fact anymore.

Really? I think that this mentioned fact is a stain on the release. Blaze really must feel hurt by it, and I dislike it too.

For the rest, I finally see a best of release which doesn't contain a single 1980s song, Big improvement!  :)

LooseCannon said:
I was the first to point it out in the appropriate thread. I find it very disappointing.

However, as someone said, this is an EMI release, so I imagine they picked the track list. I wonder if Steve would have done the same.

Me too. I can't imagine that the band is unaware of it, though.
 

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

Forostar said:
Really? I think that this mentioned fact is a stain on the release. Blaze really must feel hurt by it, and I dislike it too.

For the rest, I finally see a best of release which doesn't contain a single 1980s song, Big improvement!  :)

Over what? Over the countless other needless compilations they released? That whole compilation is an unnecessary cash grab. They just shouldn't have done it at all.
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I wish it contained something special, but I do see the difference with most previous efforts (Best of the Beast was cool), which contained eternal classics.
 

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I'd rather the people who are going to buy this thing donate that money to charity. It's really, really, really needless.
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I finally finished the Powerslave album. I hadn't expected that SSOASS ended a tiny higher.
Still, these three have always been my favourite Maiden albums, so that doesn't come as a surprise.
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-1995 - album rankings per person

I didn't know what to write. I have been raving about Rime so many times.  :innocent:
 

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Re: 1980-2000- album rankings per person

Saw it. Cheers!  :ok:
I'll add your VXI and BNW scores as soon as I can.
 

Mosh

Powerslave
Staff member
Re: 1980-2000- album rankings per person

Finished TTLBLAH. I think that was the only song I was missing. Thanks in advance.
 
Top