Adrian Smith

Ah get real
I like both SK and PRR but they arent within an asses roar of what Maiden are doing
Well, if we’re being strict, the last 15 years would only include TFF forward. And PRR is definitely better than TFF and TBOS overall, in my opinion. Not totally sure about Senjutsu, though.

A few beers on me at that stage, not usually the sort of argument I get involved in and always regret the occasions when I do, purely because either side of the argument is equally valid. Some people like x others like y, who cares, the arguments starts with people liking things and decends into justifying disliking things which is not a positive headspace to be in.:lol:

A few beers on me at that stage, not usually the sort of argument I get involved in and always regret the occasions when I do, purely because either side of the argument is equally valid. Some people like x others like y, who cares, the arguments starts with people liking things and decends into justifying disliking things which is not a positive headspace to be in.:lol:

For what is worth, I did not take it personally mate. :)

Enjoying the record so far, favourite track is the second one that sounds like a mix of the theme from Chief Wiggum P.I. in the simpsons and Burn. Also, the chorus of Hate and Love is just the Final Frontier slowed down. Final song is like an off the wall heavy jazz version of Parklife, can't help but sing "parklife" as he gets to the end of every line of lyrics.

I wish there had been a CD or FLAC option for Better Days, but I settled for the Amazon MP3s in the end, and at least they're LAME-encoded high VBR with no DRM.

Still absorbing the EP, but the title track and "Hate And Love" seem more in line with the tone of the debut album and feel like stronger songs, while "Got A Hold On Me" is more aggressive and "Rise Again" is manic, jazzy experimentation.

Adrian has sole writing credit for the entire EP according to Amazon's MP3 metadata. That seems weird and unlikely to me -- is there any direct confirmation of the songwriting credits on these?

EDIT: For those like me who are anal about keeping the albums in release order in iTunes when they come out in the same year, the solution I use is to change the album's "Sort As" text to the band name plus the YYYYMMDD release date, e.g. "Smith/Kotzen 20210326" and "Smith/Kotzen 20211126". You have to keep doing this for the band's entire catalog once you start, but it works well. (I did the same for Rush to deal with Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel.)

Last edited:
EDIT: For those like me who are anal about keeping the albums in release order in iTunes when they come out in the same year, the solution I use is to change the album's "Sort As" text to the band name plus the YYYYMMDD release date, e.g. "Smith/Kotzen 20210326" and "Smith/Kotzen 20211126". You have to keep doing this for the band's entire catalog once you start, but it works well. (I did the same for Rush to deal with Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel.)

I do YYYY-MM-DD Album title, pretty much the same idea

Just in case anyone is interested, Banquet Records have the EP in stock (I have just ordered one copy):

I picked it up last week, first record in years that I bought that's a straight forward black vinyl, no pic disc, no gatefold etc.

Just in case anyone is interested, Banquet Records have the EP in stock (I have just ordered one copy):

BR are non Brexit, isn't it?
Is Collection another continent of this planet?

br.png

Nothing new and Im just posting couple pictures here:
263953516_429815005184630_8732708339241690138_n.jpg
261508685_426505132182284_2873652942305534068_n.jpg
My absolute favorite guitarist. I think Adrian's got some amazing solos..
From Senjutsu I think my current favorite solos from H are TWOTW and Darkest Hour.

Last edited:
Adrian's work on Darkest Hour really impressed me. I thought I was listening to Dave in places, but then it went straight into classic Adrianisms. He's added some new tricks to his collection.

521fd961ddd94e2db39e738e7a123b9d3541b26e_2_500x500.jpeg

abcb60424c304b8b0c770bafd00200a5616d8fe8_2_500x500.jpeg

Back