Adrian Smith

Another Adrian album coming up ! Kots means puke in Dutch. I hope the music will not sound like Poison.

In a new interview with Music Radar, Adrian Smith confirmed that he recently collaborated with "another artist" on a new project. "He is a really good singer, a great guitar player, and I can't name it at the moment," Adrian said. "It's not coming out just yet and I don't want to reveal too much. But I have done an album."

Although Smith did not offer any details about his new project, he was almost certainly referring to a much-rumored collaboration with THE WINERY DOGS guitarist/vocalist Richie Kotzen, who had posted several photos of the two of them hanging out together in recent months.

Kotzen alluded to his project with Smith during a February 2020 interview with the "Another FN Podcast". At the time, he said: "I don't like talking about things until they're finished, but if you look at the photographs [on my Instagram]

and who I'm with, and that sort of thing, you could assume that there may be a collaboration in the works."

He added: "It's very surreal, because it's a band that I grew up with; it was one of my favorite bands forever, and one of my first hard rock concerts. So it's very surreal. Very cool. [I'm] very excited."
= = = = = = =

re: the Iron Maiden plans question,
it bothers me that no one dares to speak of an album. Did they cancel the idea or something? How uncertain can it be?
Not saying anything about a new album, is like saying: we don't know if we're ever going to try.

Last edited:
it bothers me that no one dares to speak of an album. Did they cancel the idea or something? How uncertain can it be?
Not saying anything about a new album, is like saying: we don't know if we're ever going to try.

They are probably under gagging orders from Rod on that particular matter. The album was completed in Paris last year and, I believe, would have been released at the end of the LOTB 2020 tour. Things have been postponed for obvious reasons, but I doubt they would have spent a significant amount of money on making an album that is never going to see the light of day.

Anyway, the way H talked about writing with Bruce in the interview with Times Radio makes me think that we would see a few new Dickinson/Smith songs.

Thank you but would you enlighten me further on this?

Love to have more background info, I probably missed a lot. If off topic we could continue this somewhere else:

completed in Paris last year
Is this based on the Paris sightings? It makes sense but how can we know it is completed? Perhaps the silence has to do with this as well.

I believe, would have been released at the end of the LOTB 2020 tour.
What info makes you think so?

Things have been postponed for obvious reasons
Which? Corona? Albums are released these days.

but I doubt they would have spent a significant amount of money on making an album that is never going to see the light of day.
With this you mean you're sure an album will be released at some point? Yeah I guess that makes sense. But if it is completed, a very long time ago, it makes sense to say something about it imo. Last time, Bruce's cancer delayed the communication.

= = = = = = =

Too afraid of a clip round the ear from Rod would be my guess as to why nothing is mentioned.

@Forostar My comments regarding the album being completed and the original plans for its release are based on what people in the know, who shall remain nameless and whom I trust, have told me.

I think - this is my personal opinion and not based on information - that Maiden are not releasing the album because they want to close the LOTB chapter first. When they would be able to close that chapter is another matter though considering the current situation.

It's not their style, but how amazing would it be if they released something soon from a done-and-dusted album?

I've read about a third of the book now and I'm enjoying it surprisingly a lot. I was expecting a fairly dry travelog with a fishing motif, instead what Adrian has given us is a selection of you-had-to-be-there type anecdotes, which he is able to tell in a way that makes you feel like you were. It seems that Adrian, like Bruce, is a gifted storyteller.

I've read about a third of the book now and I'm enjoying it surprisingly a lot. I was expecting a fairly dry travelog with a fishing motif, instead what Adrian has given us is a selection of you-had-to-be-there type anecdotes, which he is able to tell in a way that makes you feel like you were. It seems that Adrian, like Bruce, is a gifted storyteller.

I am definitely enjoying it more than I was expecting I was going to!

I agree. I have not finished yet but Adrian is a very good storyteller. But writer as well imo. I like how he tells around the fishing. Not just the action itself. If you are not into fishing, do not worry, this is still entertaining. I skip trying to understand / look up the fishing terminology (even if I can), and I rather try to place his events in the context of time and place. And I am really understanding/getting into everything he described. Vivid stuff.

I am a bit mistrusting the amazing "memory" detailing all this stuff that's supposed to have happened, aeons ago. Hard to believe these details happened exactly as he told, unless he had a diary describing every second. Hard to explain this, just read and you will understand.

Apart from the "did every sentence I am reading really happen?" I also thought, even if it was sort of to be expected, there is a bit of lack of amount of music/Maiden related content. It's just that I would not have minded to read more about it. I am halfway the book though, who knows what will happen. Big chance he will write more in the future! (@Ariana )

Last edited:
I am a bit mistrusting the amazing "memory" detailing all this stuff that's supposed to have happened, aeons ago. Hard to believe these details happened exactly as he told, unless he had a diary describing every second. Hard to explain this, just read and you will understand.
Some people just have a good memory for detail. I do - there are episodes from the '80s and even the '70s which I still remember as vividly as if they had happened yesterday. Not everything that happened then, just certain specific episodes. And more which I could recall with a bit of thought if provided with suitable triggers - like photographs for example. So I didn't have a problem with that aspect at all. You are more likely to remember stuff in the first place if you were engaged with it at the time (as Adrian clearly was), after that it's just a case of finding the right triggers to access it again.

Some people just have a good memory for detail. I do - there are episodes from the '80s and even the '70s which I still remember as vividly as if they had happened yesterday. Not everything that happened then, just certain specific episodes. And more which I could recall with a bit of thought if provided with suitable triggers - like photographs for example. So I didn't have a problem with that aspect at all. You are more likely to remember stuff in the first place if you were engaged with it at the time (as Adrian clearly was), after that it's just a case of finding the right triggers to access it again.
I just wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it, BAB. There are many parts from my childhood that happened some 40 years ago that I remember vividly. And with alot of detail! Photographs help indeed to come up with alot of stuff, but certain smells too. (the smell of rain on the pavement after a hot day, perfumes, food) Or hearing a certain song (we allready discussed about that in another thread) can trace you back into time.
Mike Oldfield's Moonlight Shadow for instance is a trigger for memories about a certain holiday (of that year the song was released) with my parents and aunt and uncle.

Read a chapter or two so far, find myself skimming over the fishing descriptions, it's written well though.

Back