Adrian Smith

Nope, but he got cross and hit the microphone stand with his guitar during TNOTB in Lisbon in 2013 (right at the end of his solo).

I think we have discussed this before. I am convinced this was an attempt at doing some sort of Janick-like trick, but instead he almost throws himself off the stage.

I think we have discussed this before. I am convinced this was an attempt at doing some sort of Janick-like trick, but instead he almost throws himself off the stage.

Adrian was visibly upset during the song (he kept going next to the amps at the start of the song), but I remember being somewhat shocked when he hit the microphone stand (I was at that gig).

Janick type-trick with a vintage '72 Gibson SG, which is fragile as fuck?

No way.

You can throw strat-type guitars around and they will survive almost anything. But with Gibsons, if you look them the wrong way, the headstock snaps off. Let alone the vintage ones.

Janick type-trick with a vintage '72 Gibson SG, which is fragile as fuck?

No way.

You can throw strat-type guitars around and they will survive almost anything. But with Gibsons, if you look them the wrong way, the headstock snaps off. Let alone the vintage ones.
I was joking. :lol:

Fun fact: According to Steve, the band had rehearsed 4 songs with Adrian at the beginning of the NPFTD writing sessions, just before he left.

The songs are: Hooks In You, Holy Smoke, Public Enema Number One and The Assassin.

It was logic he didn't happy with that direction. He saw that Hooks in you it wasn't enough and he thought the band needed more time to prepare the next album. Anyway, I thought that Holy smoke and the rest songs written by Bruce and Steve were done when Janick was inside.
Anyway, the sheriff again forced Adrian to leave, because he wanted to follow, but follow in the same direction as seventh son and still raising the level don't down.

Fun fact: According to Steve, the band had rehearsed 4 songs with Adrian at the beginning of the NPFTD writing sessions, just before he left.

The songs are: Hooks In You, Holy Smoke, Public Enema Number One and The Assassin.

Source? As far as I know, Adrian left/was forced to leave after the writing sessions for the album were over and he suggested that perhaps they should write more songs (probably to come up with something better).

I remember Bruce said that he wrote the lyrics of run silent run deep in 5 minutes or something like that, and the same for the other songs that cowrote with Steve. But I suppose that Janick had to write all his guitar solos, some arrangements and of course the music part of Bring your daughter…And said this, I think Jannick did a superb work in that album. The solos doesn't soffisticated, but are really wild and you can feel the good vibe between him and Dave there.

Source? As far as I know, Adrian left/was forced to leave after the writing sessions for the album were over and he suggested that perhaps they should write more songs (probably to come up with something better).

I read it in an article by Maiden Revelations - https://maidenrevelations.com/2015/01/23/feature-friday-times-of-change-1990-91/

Despite Smith’s misgivings, Birch and the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio were called in. According to Harris, the band had rehearsed four songs with Smith at that point – Hooks In You, Holy Smoke, Public Enema Number One, and The Assassin.

And yeah, maybe Adrian was forced to leave (from Rod probably). Here's what Bruce says about that (from the same article):

Dickinson later admitted that Smith ”wasn’t fired but he didn’t quit entirely willinglyHe sort of agreed to leave.” Smith told Harris that he was 90 per cent into it, and the band chief replied that only 200 per cent would do. Smith yielded.

He clearly wasn’t happy with the current state of affairs, but I don’t believe he wanted out; he just wanted to make it better.”

^Bruce

I read it in an article by Maiden Revelations - https://maidenrevelations.com/2015/01/23/feature-friday-times-of-change-1990-91/

Despite Smith’s misgivings, Birch and the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio were called in. According to Harris, the band had rehearsed four songs with Smith at that point – Hooks In You, Holy Smoke, Public Enema Number One, and The Assassin.

Thanks. It seems the songs were all written and four of them rehearsed and ready to be recorded by the time Adrian was forced to leave then.

Adrian at 90%? Sign here please.
The band with Adrian at 90% would do a better album for sure
I don't think it would've worked in the long run even if he'd stuck around. He was unhappy with the direction NPFTD was taking (rightfully so, it's a subpar album for them) and the rest of the band wouldn't budge. He also had misgivings about live tempos and those problems wouldn't be resolved by him staying either. It would've only gotten worse and Adrian woulda eventually left anyway. Likely with bridges burned badly enough that there would be no chance of reunion. He was apprehensive about it even in this timeline in 1999.

Back