Accept

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Well, I decided to post this thread, since I have failed to find a thread for these heavy metal legends.

What can I say about them - one of the best metal bands out there. The good old classic heavy metal. Udo is of course a great vocalist and Wolf is a amazing guitar player.

My favorite albums are: '81, '83 and '85.

Well, I decided to post this thread, since I have failed to find a thread for these heavy metal legends.

What can I say about them - one of the best metal bands out there. The good old classic heavy metal. Udo is of course a great vocalist and Wolf is a amazing guitar player.

My favorite albums are: '81, '83 and '85.

I love early Accept with Udo. Breaker, Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall are great records, especially the latter, which is in my personal top 10 desert island albums. :)

I regret immensely missing their reunion shows in 2005. Thankfully I saw Dirkschneider in London playing a set of classic Accept. Fantastic show!

I saw Accept live earlier this year and whilst a very good show, I couldn't help but miss Udo's voice and stage presence.

The princess, the princess, the princess of the dawn!

I love early Accept with Udo. Breaker, Restless and Wild and Balls to the Wall are great records, especially the latter, which is in my personal top 10 desert island albums. :)

I regret immensely missing their reunion shows in 2005. Thankfully I saw Dirkschneider in London playing a set of classic Accept. Fantastic show!

I saw Accept live earlier this year and whilst a very good show, I couldn't help but miss Udo's voice and stage presence.

The princess, the princess, the princess of the dawn!

The period of Accept from 1981-1985 is greatness - heavy metal at its best. :)

The period of Accept from 1981-1985 is greatness - heavy metal at its best. :)

I agree. If I were to find an example of albums that epitomise what heavy metal is, I would take the Accept albums from that period over anything else. Fantastic stuff! :edmetal:

Nothing beats this one:

God, when I saw Dirkschneider in 2017, I've never felt more connected to heavy metal music than I did when I sung along to the line, "But when I'm dead and gone, and snow's pouring down, I'm buried and covered, peaceful under a million of the stars." The most powerful heavy metal ballad I've ever heard. An ethereal experience everytime.

I agree. If I were to find an example of albums that epitomise what heavy metal is, I would take the Accept albums from that period over anything else. Fantastic stuff! :edmetal:
Give me Metal Heart anytime of the day, anytime day of the week! Not many metal albums I know have classic after classic after classic like Metal Heart.

Rejected album covers for Accept's 2012 album Stalingrad:

The first artwork is the original cover which was never used - according to the artist, who is Claudio Bergamin, the management do not wanted the band to be perceived as ''war themed'' -> https://twitter.com/Bergamin_Art/status/1043197941349998592

The band concept for the album cover was: a war scene with fire and snow and the Barmaley Fountain in the middle(see artwork #2), but the whole concept was scrapped: https://twitter.com/Bergamin_Art/status/1030578740114280449

Attachments

• Dnou_r0VsAAySST.jpg
    Dnou_r0VsAAySST.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Dk1Z5aCVsAAM6iP.jpg
    Dk1Z5aCVsAAM6iP.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have been spinning Restless and Wild a few times in preparation for eventually resurrecting a certain thread. It's pretty good stuff! Guess I've been sleeping on Accept. I have a soft spot for good German metal anyway.

Restless and Wild, Balls To the Wall, Metal Heart, & Russian Roulette were the part of the soundtrack of my youth! It was great to see Dirkschneider twice play them live!

However I cannot emphasize enough how STRONG Mark Tornillo's 1st cd with Accept was.. Blood of the Nations. Even Udo has expressed his love of the lp. Here is a taste:

Blood of the Nations is absolutely brilliany. Haven't heard the albums after though, are they as good?

Listening to Breaker now for the first time, I beleive. I always thought of bad radio hair metal when looking at the cover...,and yes some of it is, but damn it also rocks like hell! It's pretty clear that they took a lot of inspiration from Back in Black when writing the album back in 80/81 and UDO is like the german Brian Johnson, just even more ferocious at times. The album loses some steam on side B with songs like Midnight Highway and Breaking Up Again and but side A is really killer.

Back