AC/DC

But all AC/DC albums sound exactly the same. o_O

True to a certain extent, but some are awesome (Back in Black, Highway to Hell), others are good, and a few are not so good.

A similar thing can be said about the Ramones or Status Quo. Some great albums and some pretty shitty ones, even though the style and sound is almost the same for the most part.

True to a certain extent, but some are awesome (Back in Black, Highway to Hell), others are good, and a few are not so good.

A similar thing can be said about the Ramones or Status Quo. Some great albums and some pretty shitty ones, even though the style and sound is almost the same for the most part.

Visit a Status Quo forum and you'll find the fans lamenting that they changed their sound in 1977 and were never the same again ...

Visit a Status Quo forum and you'll find the fans lamenting that they changed their sound in 1977 and were never the same again ...

I know, as I quite like the band. They went poppier with the addition of Andy Bown on keyboards (the Ramones also added guitar solos at some point), but in terms of song structures the change was minimal to non-Quo fans. ;)

AC/DC were always to me more of a "singles" type band rather than producing consistently great albums. More so when Brian joined but even then I rarely listen to albums like Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. . The last album to be consistent for me was The Razor's Edge.

The singles off the last few albums have been decent if somewhat generic, you wouldn't complain if you heard one from Hard as a Rock, Stiff Upper Lip, Rock n Roll Train or Rock or Bust in a set.

AC/DC were always to me more of a "singles" type band rather than producing consistently great albums. More so when Brian joined but even then I rarely listen to albums like Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. and the single of the last few albums have been decent if somewhat generic. The last album to be consistent for me was The Razor's Edge.

Ballbreaker was pretty consistent too.

Ballbreaker was pretty consistent too.

I agree with that, thought Ballbreaker was an album full of good songs, when I listen to it I’ll usually only skip Cover You In Oil.

Stiff Upper Lip I think is a really consistent album, unfortunately consistently rubbish.

While with Black Ice I thought the title track, and Rock ‘N Roll Train were heads and shoulders above the rest of the material which was a bit generic and run of the mill.

I agree with that, thought Ballbreaker was an album full of good songs, when I listen to it I’ll usually only skip Cover You In Oil.

Stiff Upper Lip I think is a really consistent album, unfortunately consistently rubbish.

While with Black Ice I thought the title track, and Rock ‘N Roll Train were heads and shoulders above the rest of the material which was a bit generic and run of the mill.

I certainly found Black Ice to be, for the most part, mediocre and generic. I prefer Stiff Upper Lip to be honest.

I'll be honest, I wasn't keeping up with AC/DC in 1995 and only got the album years later, and don't think I've listened to it more than twice. My memory is I didn't like how it sounded, maybe I'll give it another listen.

I'll be honest, I wasn't keeping up with AC/DC in 1995 and only got the album years later, and don't think I've listened to it more than twice. My memory is I didn't like how it sounded, maybe I'll give it another listen.

I am not a huge fan of how it sounds, but remember the songs being quite good. I haven't listened to it in ages though.

I think AC/DC albums have been incredibly spotty after Back In Black, a band truly trading on old glories.

That said I liked a lot of Black Ice. It would have made a good final album.

Back