a three-album tour... a three-album tour...

I would too. Virtual and DoD both have lots of songs I'd love to see why. The good songs/interesting rarities outnumber the songs I have no interest in. As for FOTD, I guess you have to fit a bathroom break in somewhere. :p

If I had to choose 3 albums to do it'd probably be Piece of Mind, Somewhere In Time, and The Final Frontier. I'm actually not a huge fan of what Yes is doing. I like a concert setlist that has dynamics and flow, mixes things up. Playing one album in full is ok and always a cool treat, but a whole set of just 3 albums played in a row doesn't seem like it'd have a great flow.

Well all Maiden albums have some cool stuff on them. The combination of VXI, FOTD and DOD is just too much filler material for me to spend a lot of money on. If the show was free, then why not, it's Maiden.

I would too. Virtual and DoD both have lots of songs I'd love to see why. The good songs/interesting rarities outnumber the songs I have no interest in.

Agreed. I prefer the songs on Virtual XI to X Factor and would much rather see them live as they have more energy. Not all of them, but half are really great. Sort of like DoD, the great songs are really amazing. Overall, both are very mixed bags, but there's plenty of good to be had.

There are actually a few songs I really want to see live from Virtual. Mostly When Two Worlds Collide and The Clansman. I imagine Lightning Strikes Twice being a lot of fun on stage too. Actually come to think of it the only one I wouldn't be crazy about is Don't Look To...

Well, I would literally run for the bathroom and hide in a stall the moment Futureal ends and emerge for Lightning, but otherwise it would be an interesting rarities concert. Especially with Bruce singing.

Although this is a big 'what if' thread anyway, do you think a three-album setlist would work at a Maiden show? I went to see Yes on their three album tour, and it was completely different type of show. It was all seating, with an interval, and for the most part people were silent.

You get to an age when sitting down, quietly, and listening starts to appeal.....

No. Not really.

Wouldn't a three album show be quite long for a Maiden show?

Seeing as though their shows last just under two hours, it would be difficult for them to do more than two of the post reunion albums.

Seems to me the aspect of variety would be missed too greatly. I really really enjoyed the amolad set. But truth be known, once it ended, and the other songs started, it was a breath of life into the gig. I recall a good number of patrons complaining about the setlist and the entire 'new' album being played. Maybe if it were say, notb in its entirety, the complaints would have been lessened?? Too bad they didn't think of the concept an album earlier for dance of death!!!

Wouldn't a three album show be quite long for a Maiden show?

Seeing as though their shows last just under two hours, it would be difficult for them to do more than two of the post reunion albums.

Indeed! If they played my three selections, the show would be 3 hours, 5 mins - and that's not counting any crowd work between songs. If it was mostly older material, however, say the debut album + NotB + Piece of Mind, you're clocking in around two hours. That's doable.

every song from Somewhere in Time and every song from Brave New World and that would make me happy to the end of time (18 songs total)

Back